factory "tint"

Guest thetintshop

Guest Sprinter

yes it is ot, our industry that does'nt fight for us, make a product that only a hand full can use and for the rest it is illegal, sounds like home grown mary J for sick people but the rest are screwed?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what I dont understand is like on the new dodge pu. I get several with just the back side windows factory privacy glass only, the backgalss doesnt have any :shock ya know,why bother if your only gonna put privacy galss on the back rollups only :rollin looks gay as hell.

Here in DE the law is that the rear break light needs to be cut out. The b**bs that work at the inspection lanes love when out of state car gets here and the rear break light is not cut out and they get to say YOU FAIL.

But on my way to work today I saw the exception. It was a Dodge Durango with factory tinted rear glass with a break light. Tell me how the hell you gonna cut that out mister inspector. Your not so it's exempt. :rollin

Guest Sprinter

mdog I think it has alot to do with the manufactures thinking that these trucks will all have campershells on them so they don't put privacy glass there, or there just cutting corners on a few bucks, you know those few add up to millions!

Guest S and S

NC Laws are 35% on Fronts. OK you know this!! I talk to a Tinter in another Town!! they tell me! they don't care 35% Film. NO ONE WANTS IT!! :lol they are Cheeper and they do 10 Cars a day. I know this to be True!! just something I wanted to tell!! :nope

I have a question about the factory darkened glass. in states like minnisota, wisconsin, nebraska, massachusettes, ohio, kansas, and colorado, where the factory darkened glass on most all SUV and pickups is darker than the law allows, how do they enforce it?

hell, in alaska, NO tint is allowed on the back sides and back glass of MPVs.

so how does the law enforce it when these vehicles come that way from the factory? do they just let it go? if so, WHY?

and why isn't someone, like the IWFA, fighting the car makers on this? they're killing our industry and the IWFA is just standing by watching. (like that suprises me) if it weren't for the damn car maufacturers, I would make about 5 times the money I do now. instead of people coming in for a $60 job, they'd come in for a $225-$275 job. most of the suv's I see don't even have the two fronts done. I can imagine how pissed you guys are in states like cali where you can't even tint the two fronts. hell ya'll probably never see a suv or pickup.

sorry for the rant. I'm just pissed and needed to vent.

A very sensitive issue indeed...TTS

Car manufacturers may be regulated, thus compelled to only sell vehicles with standard glass in States like Alaska. :lol Good question, though. :nope

The IWFA does do what it can... they attempt to work with States to adopt laws acceptable to both parties concerned (those who like film and those who are against). The only thing the IWFA can do for the industry is to alert all to a potential legislative disaster, and it is then up to members and non members to contact their state representatives to voice objection to any law going against the film industry.

If you look at a map of all the laws you will see they differ widely; this is because if they were to have uniform tint laws in all states you then find a push to adopt that as a norm by the feds.

The IWFA has thus far, and continues to, be helpful in keeping the subject of federal VLT legislation shelved at NHTSA. If NHTSA were to pull the regulatory issue off the shelf, it would probably get passed, thus would probably be the end of auto tinting as we know it today.

They (IWFA) were also more instrumental than usual in Texas recently; pointing out to the State representative that was pushing, and in favor of, strict VLT #'s, the fact that the tint on his car would then be illegal if the State adopted the law as he and others had it written.

Sorry for the rant... but the IWFA an its role is more misunderstood than understood. They are like the chamber of commerce for the film industry.

:booga

Archived