Transparent Mylar Shades

Guest Happs

Guest Happs

I am in the market for new transparent mylar shades for two windows in my house. I live in San Diego County and this product seems so difficult to find. I've called around and no one seems to carry this product anymore. The mylar shades in poor condition on my windows now are ViewGuard from Castro Valley, CA. My internet searches have lead me to Halcyon Shades, Madico and KoolVue. Does anyone have any experience with these company's products? My window dimensions are 82"x58" and 106"x58". I'm also getting different answers from different people on shipping (some say because of the size that it's going to cost big $ to ship) whether or not there will be a seam, and whether or not to add 10 inches to the height measurement (58") for the roller. I'd appreciate any thoughts on these issues and where to get good quality transparent mylar shades. Thanks.

Guest FilmBlazer

Halycon Shades are manufactured by CPFilms, Inc. This is the worlds largest manufacturer of window film, and made in the USA. My company used to sell a product similar to this but eliminated it from our lines years ago.

They are extremely unattractive and we usually attempt to sell retrofit window film as an alternative. It is MUCH more attractive and the benefits are the same or better. Good luck with your purchase. :lol2

I am in the market for new transparent mylar shades for two windows in my house. I live in San Diego County and this product seems so difficult to find. I've called around and no one seems to carry this product anymore. The mylar shades in poor condition on my windows now are ViewGuard from Castro Valley, CA. My internet searches have lead me to Halcyon Shades, Madico and KoolVue. Does anyone have any experience with these company's products? My window dimensions are 82"x58" and 106"x58". I'm also getting different answers from different people on shipping (some say because of the size that it's going to cost big $ to ship) whether or not there will be a seam, and whether or not to add 10 inches to the height measurement (58") for the roller. I'd appreciate any thoughts on these issues and where to get good quality transparent mylar shades. Thanks.

Those are pretty wide openings. UPS will not ship anything that long and will have to be shipped by truck. The widest film available is 72" so yes there will be a seam if it is wider than 72". Proper measuring is to add at least 10" to the height due to the film is wrapped around the roller

Guest clearviewcolorado

Halycon Shades are manufactured by CPFilms, Inc. This is the worlds largest manufacturer of window film, and made in the USA. My company used to sell a product similar to this but eliminated it from our lines years ago.

When I see this comment I can't help but laugh....CP DOES NOT MAKE FILM. They are simply a laminator like FTI and Commonwealth. 3M is the only company that makes their own polyester and adhesive. CP has always stretched the truth to their dealers. It doesn't take much research to figure these guys out.

Guest vclimber
3M is the only company that makes their own polyester and adhesive. CP has always stretched the truth to their dealers. It doesn't take much research to figure these guys out.

When I see this comment, I can't help but laugh. :dunno

I recommend doing a little more research on your part. 3M is NOT the only company that makes their own polyester... unless they own Garware. :dunno

Guest FilmBlazer

And I may be mistaken but Dupont makes polyester do they not. If so I believe it is a safe assumption that CPFilms would get their polyester from Dupont due to the fact that both CPFilms and Dupont are subsidiaries of Solutia Inc.

:krazy

Archived