Transparent Mylar Shades

Guest Happs

Guest vclimber
And I may be mistaken but Dupont makes polyester do they not. If so I believe it is a safe assumption that CPFilms would get their polyester from Dupont due to the fact that both CPFilms and Dupont are subsidiaries of Solutia Inc.

:krazy

:mad Dupont makes it and CP buys it. :krazy if Solutia owns Dupont though...

I AM NOT THR ONLY ONE!  I too have been looking for "Mylar" shades and it seems they have disappeared.   Anyone who says they are not a good product has never had a large window with a great view facing SW in a vintage house with windows you don't want to mutilate. Believe me, rolling down a shade a few hours a day is far superior to replacing original windows with ugly plastic dual panes.  They are hardly visible .

I think the window and blind making industry found they could make enough money off this great product . Years ago everybody carried them, then when wood blinds and vinyl windows came in they dropped them like a hot potato.

i live in San Diego too please tell me where I can get roll down tint shades .

I am a skier and found the same problem looking for rear entry ski boots.  WHEN  a product is low on profit it doesn't matter how much people like them they are off the market.  Conversely , if there  is money in it they will push it on everybody shamelessly . Aluminum siding anyone? LOL

On 8/9/2007 at 6:32 AM, FilmBlazer said:

Halycon Shades are manufactured by CPFilms, Inc. This is the worlds largest manufacturer of window film, and made in the USA. My company used to sell a product similar to this but eliminated it from our lines years ago.

They are extremely unattractive and we usually attempt to sell retrofit window film as an alternative. It is MUCH more attractive and the benefits are the same or better. Good luck with your purchase. :lol2

Old thread but actually Eastman is the worlds largest

Archived