S-10/Sonoma 90-2003?

shwusyrtnts

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:beer did it have a little notch out in the bottom of it, kinda like a Nissan mirror? if so, just stick a pocket screw driver in there and release the clip that holds it in place, and it'll slide up.

and for the record, I know for a fact that 96 and 97 s 10 mirrors have the tension clip on em, I have 2 s-10's.

:beer did it have a little notch out in the bottom of it, kinda like a Nissan mirror? if so, just stick a pocket screw driver in there and release the clip that holds it in place, and it'll slide up.

and for the record, I know for a fact that 96 and 97 s 10 mirrors have the tension clip on em, I have 2 s-10's.

Yeah it had a little notch and I tried what you said and didnt get any thing. And I have also realized some are torx, some clips, and some like I explained.This truck was a 2000 or a 2001 :beer

:rollin you sure it wasn't a spring clip, that you need this to get it off the bracket

http://equalizer.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Scre...tegory_Code=12i

thats the tool that takes em off both my s - 10's

yeah I am possitve thats not it, that ones more like the old school Ford mirriors a cinch. This was Exactly like the "Extreme" blazer/s-10 mirriors. GM said there was not a tool just tap the mirrior uppwards. Well I tapped 130.00 out of my wallet for a new screen guess they were wrong.

:rollin so if you broke the windshield, I'd have ripped that mirror off the glass to see exactly how it came off of there :hmmm

I did brotha and it looked like a tap tap aroo upwards would work but it didnt. I used a plastic hammer maybee it just wasnt my day :hmmm

I did brotha and it looked like a tap tap aroo upwards would work but it didnt. I used a plastic hammer maybee it just wasnt my day :hmmm

That plastic hammer was probably the problem, dont laugh, but next time use a basic ol' claw hammer, or ball peen.

When you gently tap the bottom of the bracket, let the hammer slide across the glass so it will hit straight on the bottom of the bracket. I usually pull up on the mirror at the same time, but make sure you are watching closely while tapping the bracket, you only want to tap it enough to get the spring to flatten out, dont hit the silver mounting braket. That spring clip on the mirror has to tiny little points that extend out and lock onto the bottom side of the bracket. Once these points are flat, you can usually just slide the mirror off of the bracket. I have been doing this for years, and I have all of the mirror bracket tools, and have never cracked a w/s, knock on wood :rollin:hmmm:hmmm

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

not worth the risk for $25!! I got a glass shop in the next bizness complex over, so whenever I got a problem trying to take off a damn mirror I just take it to them.

I broke a mirror on a mustang once cause I thought it was the type u pull straight down, but it was different. My employee was asking me how to take it off and I told him"watch its easy" so I reach in without even looking at it and yank down on the mirror. All we both heard was snap!!! cost me $100 and a bruised ego. :hmmm:rollin

Archived