S-10/Sonoma 90-2003?

shwusyrtnts

not worth the risk for $25!! I got a glass shop in the next bizness complex over, so whenever I got a problem trying to take off a damn mirror I just take it to them.

I broke a mirror on a mustang once cause I thought it was the type u pull straight down, but it was different. My employee was asking me how to take it off and I told him"watch its easy" so I reach in without even looking at it and yank down on the mirror. All we both heard was snap!!! cost me $100 and a bruised ego. :hmmm:hmmm

I use to work at a glass shop, so I learned a few tricks while I was there, and there are always exceptions

I have had a few new body f-150's with the breakaway bracket, and they would not breakaway, unless I wanted to take a chunk of glass with it. So, I just cut the visor strip shorter when they wont come off :rollin

JAMES....I own a s10 with the same thing.if its not the clip and not the screw its actually glued onto the glass..s10s have 3 different rear views..1 has a set screw..1 has a clip on the back that u order the rear view removal tool and the last one is actually glued onto the windshield with some mad ass bonding shizint..

after reading more of what u said.its the kind I have on my xtreme s10..its a clip that hooks onto the mountain of the windshield.what it does when it slides over is locks onto the mountain.only way to get it off....MAKE SURE ITS NOT COLD OUT.and use a flat wide screwdriver and it has to be bent at an angle.thenu have to cover it with a towell so u dont shatter the shield.and pry it off the mountain.it will come right off.take 5 minutes ...good luck...2 possibilites can happen if it goes wrong.broken shield or mirror

Archived