Shrunk a back glass in 20 sec. !

:hug tried something I've always thought about, I had a 2000 Grand prix in today, instead of using my usual dual milwakee guns, I grabbed a Colman modified propane heater I have . 45000 btu 's of shrinking power! 1 swipe on the top , one swipe on the bottom...done. I'll post a pic of this bad boy when I get my new comp. running..should be in next week :angel

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flamethrower.....:angel

pretty much... :hug ..you gotta definately know the limits of shrinking your film, I'm not planning on doing it this way from now on, but I'm starting to play with it to see what kind of cars it works good for...I'm figuring back glass's with even curves will be ok with it. I thought of the idea one day when my power went out ...it was the only thing holding me back from finishing my work.

No , but as I saw, I'm not even close to bragging rights on this one yet,just playing around...I always but a drop cloth on all my trunks of the cars I'm doing, so it would giveme an indication if I had it in one area too long, no problem, but I definately kept my focus on what I was doing. 1 back window wasn't enough to say it works good, but I was grinning ear to ear when it was done and will try it again on the right car :angel

Archived