Soltek film good or bad?

Guest treetop23

Guest skeeter

Liner in/out, who cares. Determine the film side and start. Rolling a 100 foot roll 40 incher across the rear of any back glass before the trim/shrink is easier with Llumar rolled the way it is. From Llumar to Johnson to Soltek. Why stop there, there must be a cheaper film than the $49 for a 20 incher that SolTek offers. Use that. :lol , and currently ATR CH is color stable warranted and trust me on this one, Silhouette will turn pink if the SR does'nt fail first.

Guest SQUEEGEE
Liner in/out, who cares.  Determine the film side and start.  Rolling a 100 foot roll 40 incher across the rear of any back glass before the trim/shrink is easier with Llumar rolled the way it is.  From Llumar to Johnson to Soltek.  Why stop there, there must be a cheaper film than the $49 for a 20 incher that SolTek offers.  Use that.  :lol , and currently ATR CH is  color stable warranted and trust me on this one, Silhouette will turn pink if the SR does'nt fail first.

No on the first part. Yes on the rest.

:lol

Liner in/out, who cares.  Determine the film side and start.  Rolling a 100 foot roll 40 incher across the rear of any back glass before the trim/shrink is easier with Llumar rolled the way it is.  From Llumar to Johnson to Soltek.  Why stop there, there must be a cheaper film than the $49 for a 20 incher that SolTek offers.  Use that.  :lol , and currently ATR CH is  color stable warranted and trust me on this one, Silhouette will turn pink if the SR does'nt fail first.

C'mon skeet, you can tell 'em why LLumar rolls it the right way and all others are backwards.

Maybe do a search and find the old thread that has the reason? :lol

Who has grainy film (SG) and who doesn't (LL)? :lol

Got issues with unrolling? Flip the roll! :lol

Ah shiot.. metint shoulda just left this one alone.

:booga

Guest skeeter

I could give the full run down, but I think the answer I gave you when you first called back after our first meeting and asked why I was still not buying your product was "I can't get used to the way it is rolled." :rollin (for those that dont know, me tint is ex sales CP rep)Truth was, I knew very little about quality issues at the time and $ was the driving force behind purchase decisions. Hanita rolls their film liner on their auto the same as LLumar so at least one other company prefers this. As far as taking the full weight of a 40 incher and rolling it across a prepped rear glass and trimming at the other side how the hell is it easier with the liner out? If I'm not concerned about the car's finish I can tack it down and fling it across with noone holding the entire roll as long as someone catches it on the other side. With the liner on outside you have to finagle the entire distance across the back. Explain the ease of this?

you're right.? shoulda left it alone :rollin so tell us all wise one, why is it that llumar is backwards ?? :lol6

Thanks for the props, Zro :thumb

It probably wouldn't be appreciated, if metint gave the answer.

"Silence is the hardest argument to refute"

:booga

As far as taking the full weight of a 40 incher and rolling it across a prepped rear glass and trimming at the other side how the hell is it easier with the liner out?  If I'm not concerned about the car's finish I can tack it down and fling it across with noone holding the entire roll as long as someone catches it on the other side.  With the liner on outside you have to finagle the entire distance across the back.  Explain the ease of this?

Throwing it across the car does sound like an answer, not a practical one however. :thumb

Cutting the needed size from the box, which means it does not matter how the film comes off the roll, sounds more practical than laying anything on a clients vehicle and rolling it across. :lol6 for metint.

Hey, to each they're own. :rollin

Archived