Problem with 2007 Outlander

Guest Oh_Yeah

Hi there just got a question, we are having a problem with 2007 mitsubishi outlanders, when u tint the window, put the panel and rubber back in, then wind it up and down .. it leaves 2-3 big scratch lines in the film :beer , the scratches just go straight up and down. We have tried modifying the rubber inserts and still having no success .. just wondering has anyone else had this problem before?? its the 2007 ones .. it seems to be mainly the 2 front doors. thanks in advance.

Guest Texasvdubz

Yup, I just did one and I had the same issue. Luckily it was my brothers new car and not a customers. Everything looked ok and then when the window went down ***POP***. It is like there is a secondary rubber down in the window that is catching or something. I dont think a felt strip would help this problem. I havent had a chance to take it apart yet but it sounds like I am going to have to. Are there any tricks to these panels?

Guest Texasvdubz

OK...So I was able to take the door panels apart and find out what was rubbing and catching the film. I took all of the door panels off and removed the gasket rails from the windows. There are two gaskets on the rail. One you can see and the other, secondary one is the one that is catching. Even though the top gasket isnt really touching the glass, I went ahead and felt stripped both the upper and lower gaskets. No more rub and no more ***POP***. :dunno

Guest beano

I left a post in the lancer 09 thread with same problem.

mitsubishi dealership that sent the car to me was aware of the problem and told me to just trim the rubber lol

I told them it wouldnt work but they know im only new at it and wouldnt take me seriosly

Archived