INSURANCE

Guest RCOOTE

Made two claims in close to twenty years. One for broken desk in an office, one for broken table leg in woman's home. Was unsure about reporting the last one but my agent said with our good history it wouldn't affect our rates.

Things might work different in Canada, but if you're considering a claim and it's pretty small it might be better to handle it outside of your insurance.

Whats your average year cost?

I just got quoted $575 from one place for 2 million and another was $550... dayum :lol2:lol2

Especially if there aren't too many claims. Does anyone chance it???? I mean. I know its there for a reason. I'm signing up, just wanted others opinions....

Assuming you'll be working in expensive houses, $ 550 is worth. One claim from an expensive item could put you out of business.

Reminds me of Tommy Boy when Rob Lowe tells Chris Farley after he spills something on his shoes " Those shoes are worth more than your life"

Should you want to do commercial work........most jobs will require proof in insurance before allowing you to do the work (or paying you for it)!

I'll check on my rates when I get into the office in the morning and PM you.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

my garage keepers insurance, liability, and car insurance for the business are all combined. I'm paying $105 a month. My regular car insurance is different from this policy, but with this one I am insured to pick up and deliver customer cars, and covered driving to and from job sites.

I only had one claim when somebody broke in to my shop like 3 years ago. They covered everything minus the deductible.

My general liability insurance for my business runs about $900 a year.. 2 million. Which I don't think it bad... another company I was with wanted $1300 for the year.

I've always had business insurance since I was doing office cleaning... probably for the past 10 years or more. Never made a claim for that, or for the tinting.

Like others have said - if anything ever comes up I'll try to take care of it myself before putting in a claim.

-R

What kind of hack would do that? :beer:beer

Ya really, how the heck do ya crack corian counter top ? Sounds careless, scary stuff. :tantrum A buddy of mine is a painter. He told me a funny story about a corian counter top experience. In the middle of talking with the customer opening up a can of paint to show them a color. He decides to get creative and show the younger kid that was sitting next to them listening. "Here wanna see a trick, I'll open this can of paint with a coin" Reaches into his pocket for a coin and opens the can with a coin as he's SPINNING the can. (corain counter top remember) YYyyep you guessed it. Stratched the sshit outta the counter. Heheheee, luckily he was able to find the right kind of light sand paper and a solution from home depot and was able to remove the scratch. Ssswweeww :evilgrin Hahaaa, funny stuff ..... Insurance companies suck too don't they. Sorry people. What ever kind of ins. it is, you pay so much money for a service you rarely ever use and when you do try to use it they try to bend you over. Only in america. The good ole U$A .

:beer

-SF

Assuming you'll be working in expensive houses, $ 550 is worth. One claim from an expensive item could put you out of business.

Reminds me of Tommy Boy when Rob Lowe tells Chris Farley after he spills something on his shoes " Those shoes are worth more than your life"

Should you want to do commercial work........most jobs will require proof in insurance before allowing you to do the work (or paying you for it)!

I'll check on my rates when I get into the office in the morning and PM you.

Thank you :evilgrin

Archived