i thought i heard it all before

but I havent :thumb

I was kind enough to give 15 days credit to a big hotel company, we did a small job in one of they're offices. they call me today saying they cant pay me cause when they submitted my invoice, and w-9 to get topay, they say it got rejected by the irs because company name and owner's taxid/social doesnt match :beer . is this at all possible? or like I think some new bullshiat I've never heard of :thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

:thumb do you have a EIN (employer id #) or do you just use your SS # :inot I've never run into that, I have a EIN :beer I smell something not right

Good Luck, keep us updated mang :thumb

:thumb do you have a EIN (employer id #) or do you just use your SS # :beer I've never run into that, I have a EIN :inot I smell something not right

Good Luck, keep us updated mang :beer

I have both :lol2 . but wether you give them EIN , Tax id, or social its all the same man. I mean, this is the kinda thing where doesnt every business report to the IRS who they pay every year? :inot . I dont think the IRS is gonna tell this business dont pay this guy cause this and that. :thumb .

Maybe ask them for their info and let them know it's to follow up with the IRS to see what the problem is and why they're encouraging companies to not pay their bills. I can't imagine them wanting unnecessary attention from the IRS.

Maybe ask them for their info and let them know it's to follow up with the IRS to see what the problem is and why they're encouraging companies to not pay their bills. I can't imagine them wanting unnecessary attention from the IRS.

I'll do that :thumb .

Guest Key West
but I havent :thumb

I was kind enough to give 15 days credit to a big hotel company, we did a small job in one of they're offices. they call me today saying they cant pay me cause when they submitted my invoice, and w-9 to get topay, they say it got rejected by the irs because company name and owner's taxid/social doesnt match :thumb . is this at all possible? or like I think some new bullshiat I've never heard of :beer

Sounds to me like it got kicked back by the Corp office. The IRS wouldn't have ANY reason to reject it at this point. They probably aren't even aware of it yet. Sounds like a tactic used by lots of lg Corps. If every I aint dotted and T isn't crossed, kick it back. Delay payment as long as possible. It may sound trivial, but the more money in the Corp account at the end of the quarter, the more interest applied.

I give then a "net" due by date. After that date I charge the max interest allowed. I had a Honda dealer back when I first started that would'nt use me. Then they got in a bind and used me for 1 car. I gave the Service Mgr the bill, and he told me to invoice them. I said No, I will not invoice you, here, fill out this credit app and check approval form and I will get the dealership on an account. BUT FOR NOW, IT'S CASH. (I ended up with thier account!!)

Guest markmr1956

Most large companies with Accounts Payable Depts don't like to be hassled with small issues,

I would be willing to wager that if you war dialed them about 10 times thru out the day, they will have your check pronto.

Guest SCSSFilmn
I still have not gotten paid on a job I did for blockbuster video in 1998 :dunno

After a while I would have shown up with a few guys with scrapers in hand and gone to town on the film that I put n. By the time those teenage clerks figured out what was going on I would have 50% of the film off. I would leave then. Leaving them with messed up glass looking like crap! If anything ever came from it. I was a contractor repo'ing my materials for which I was never paid for.

Back in the early 90's I had a fence company. Had a customer that refused to pay. Well, I had the fence pulled in the middle of the day while they were at work. Wish I could have seen there faces when they got home and ...........given da :poke

Archived