Street Version of windshield tear offs

Guest Olfablade

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb I've had 2 of my vans for 4 years and have zero chips, who do you market this to and what is the pitch?

Here in the mid-west we have very little problems with the w/s cracking or chipping. But you go to other places in the country (like the high plains of TX) and it seems that half the cars and trucks out there have a cracked W/S :lol

Guest fastlanedesigns

Saw a product some years ago, only went on the edges of the w/s, it was supposed to reduce rock chips, but it was nothing like this. Never was satisfied with the result. Looking forward to hearing about this OB. Keep us posted. Will be awesome when you get all your testing done!

Guest Sprinter

fastlane, that stuff you talk about is only for the edges of the windshield, and is applied so that rocks that hit that area don't break or chip the shield, this is so it won't spread in to cracks, but you have to get the chips fixed or they might spread in the rest of the shield.

Guest Olfablade

I have approached the CHP as to this as an option they could have for fleet glass relacement reduction tied to the ability to fire rounds through it without loss of clear vision :thumb

Guest Sprinter

how is this different from tinting a shield inside as when in an accident it's now on the outside, as far as impact from the person going or hitting the shield?

Guest DixieGraphics

I thought that stuff was mainly to keep the windshield clean? like when you get alot of bugs, you rip off one layer and wala clean windshield? at least thats what racers use it for. I had no clue it was being used for street cars

Archived