just want to know

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

anyone done a 99 or so mercedes s class 4door before. you know the ones with the laminated glass all around except on the doors.anyone else afraid to heat the doors up?

Guest Me_shelli

Try wet shrinking the tint on the outside of the side windows before you put it on. Did a 94 Mercades 2 weeks ago for some Russians, They put all new glass in it. It had the laminated glass. Hard to heat it up through the glass. The laminated glass absorbs the heat. Hope this helps a little. :thumb

Guest keepitcool

it didnt have anyhting to do w/ the curve of the glass or fingers,I was just heating too touch up the little stuff that you get along the side sometimes from where the tint is stuck 3/4 way down then you roll it up and sometimes get the small creases or wrinkles sometimes fingers.I inspect the job very thourghroly before sending it out and sometimes see little bumps in the film along the side back behind the seal so I have to get it laid down before I send it out.

Guest Me_shelli

Oh, I see. Well if you remember where your factory edge is you can heat the film up on the inside of the window. But make sure your really careful. Use a little heat. And make sure that you shrink with your factory edge. You can heat it up on the outside from what I hear, but it is almost imposible to get it hot enough though the glass. You have to be careful though that you don't melt the lamination. Expecially through the back window. My distributer says if you get it too hot it can seperate from the glass.

Archived