Glass Art

Guest Rama

Finally got the job done today. The door and the panels on the side of the door are original glass that I tried to match, the upper 2 windows are what I did. It was clear plain glass to start with.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, you silly! :thumb J/K I took a picture of the entry, gave it to my artist, had him design a cut pattern to look like the original, only had to be enlarged and made to size, then cut it on the plotter, used several different film types to give it dimension, the pictures don't do it justice. From the street, you can't tell my stuff from the actual leaded glass. I actually screwed up, on the inset film I intended to cut a 60% neutral film, somehow grabbed the 45% box, didn't notice till I got it up that it was the wrong shade, at that point, there was no way I was going to take it down to redo it. Customer was so pleased, her feet were hardly touching the ground!

what I meant was where do you get the films? are they regular solar films or something special you ordered? I can't tell from the pic what the details of the colors are. Have you seen the decraled site yet is that what you use?

Archived