First clio mk2 , wet,powder,soap??

Guest smileypig

Guest smileypig

Hey,

So, roll ups no problems, the back glass's I have no with relatively no trouble, just the usual teething probs, but I got my first clio2 coming in. :bat

I know Naughty Dog has a tip with heightening anchour position but really, what shrink method should I use? :beer

I should say, being relatively new to this, I have wet shrunk everything and not ventured beyond this but I know this sucker is going to try me!! :bat

But, I promise you, I will not give up!! :bat

Guest smileypig

:spit:spit:dunno

Err, got to hold my hands up, im just starting out so cost is an issue so I am using e.bay supplied film, without naming names, its the guy who has the red porsche on his ads on ebay.uk.

Not really too clued up on quality films and/or costs, but I started using Defender from local motor factors and now use this, I just noticed when holding it up to the light it seems to have a faint "rainbow" effect to it, only just visible.

I just know you are going to tell me :DD this is rubbish and will got purple etc, but hey, we all started somewhere , right, I hope someone will back me on that?

Anyone uk based want to give me some figures I should expect to pay for quality film here, say llumar or solagard etc.

Once I really got into the swing of things then obviously that will be my direction. PROMISE :spit:krazy

Soap methord mate....keep your centre anchor point a bit higher than normal, give yourself plenty of excess at the top and take your time, dont worry, there not as bad as they look. :spit but to be honest and if your using that sh!t they sale on ebay your going to struggle anyway....! good luck

Guest Diamond Tints

Defender film is shite and you will struggle your ass off with this stuff(cant even call it window film)

As for we all started somewhere thats right we did, but take my word for it this stuff is :spit and before you even start off you will have a reputation for using crap film

Hey,

So, roll ups no problems, the back glass's I have no with relatively no trouble, just the usual teething probs, but I got my first clio2 coming in. :beer

I know Naughty Dog has a tip with heightening anchour position but really, what shrink method should I use? :lol2

I should say, being relatively new to this, I have wet shrunk everything and not ventured beyond this but I know this sucker is going to try me!! :beer

But, I promise you, I will not give up!! :lol2

What the hell is a Clio2? :lol2 Never heard of it.

Guest smileypig

I appreciate what you are saying about cheap film, I fully do, :lol2 ,

diamond, can you perhaps give me some example prices of PROPER film over here in uk, I been looking on net and always seem to end up being directed to a company called CP Films, they look the daddy for film, I understand Llumar is the way to go?? :lol2 but it seems from previous enquiries that its a regional dealer thing and there is already someone in my area that is "with them" :beer

Advice and contacts?

Im miles from Glasgow so hope you dont mind with the help.

North East Lincolnshire, by the sea!! :lol2

And Hey, once again, I know where you are coming from with my use of film.

Many many thanks.

Hey, TD. Fantastic site/forum. Hats off to you. :beer

VWalc- a Clio2- mk 2 Renault Clio ??!!- you US guys talk about all sorts of vehicles that we UK guys would not recognise if they ran us down :lol2:lol2:lol

Archived