Aegis Window Film

Guest airgame12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 80'sHippie

I used to love it, then I had to kill it. :lol2 I switched from forever using Llumar to Advantage after reading about it on here and getting some samples. I loved it. :lol2 This last fall I ordered another batch, this time trying Raven 1.5. Went on milky, then fell off, literally. Every roll I had I tried, and as soon as we'd back it out, it would start peeling off the window. I called them, they said they had no problems. I switched slip solutions and even brought out a new sprayer. Tried very little baby shampoo (recommended by them), and more than usual. Nothing, still peeled back off of any window. I was talking to a gal who came to pick up her car and as we were talking it started peeling off the corner of her back window and just kept going! What do you say!? While talking to the company itself on the phone I watched a simple Ram back window peel away a foot on each side and kept going! :lol2 I said I wanted the old (cheaper) stuff back, so they traded me, said they would make an exception and not charge my card for the new stuff until they got the old back. They did it anyway. Then they said they would only give me credit for what was on the rolls, even though I told them I had to redo everything I used it on. Then my wife had to call them over and over to get our money credited back. :lol2 I don't know what happened to this outfit but it's not the same, neither is the tint. The stuff they sent, the regular ADC, rolls up tight as soon as you pull the liner. I can't even do a side window without it rolling up on itself. :lol2 I still have some of the old stuff from several years ago and it's perfect! I've switched brands again and learned my lesson. :lol2

Guest 80'sHippie

I know I never post on here, but I have watched and learned from this site for several years :lol2 . As far as any bashing, I was just relating my experience and problems with a tint that I really used to like. The thing I forgot is that we had to toss all hard cards with this tint because it scratches easily. I never had these problems with 10+ years of ATR, but when I moved I was in the "territory" of another Llumar tinter and it became so much of a hassle to get it, I gave it up. Whenever I called about the Advantage, they would transfer me to "Ricky", I believe, who was doing installs himself out in the "shop". This also made me wonder what kind of outfit I was now dealing with :lol2 . Who knows, and frankly, I don't care anymore. I boxed the stuff up nice and dropped it at my competitors door. :lol2

Guest aegispresident
I've heard good things about the film, but I will wait on them to call on me this time...... :gayfight

Shady, My name is Barry Edwards and I am the President of Aegis Films. Please call me at 1-800-438-8468 with any questions or sample requests. If I am unavailable, please leave me a VM and I will return your call within 24 hours.

Archived