Can't clean window

I tried the alcohol then window cleaner, it worked alot better. I had two air filters on my Taurus but only one air filter on my Explorer--no cabin filter that I know. The windshield itself is PPG accodring to the sticker on it but not not sure if that REALLY means anything. I will keep my eyes on the window and see what happens.

Thanks..

Be safe

we get that sea-spray china crap glass from PPG all the time. not saying that's it...but if it doesn't ever come clean it could be the problem.

Guest goldtooth
we get that sea-spray china crap glass from PPG all the time. not saying that's it...but if it doesn't ever come clean it could be the problem.

:uh try steel wool with water,if that does not work then :uh:uh

speaking of our shop only.........you think the glass installer didn't try everything out there to remove it brainiac??? he doesn't like turning over sea-spray glass to customers. if there was a way to fully remove this crap then he would.

I am having a difficult time in cleaning the inside of my windshield--it's a 1998 explorer. I have tried windex, 20-20, vinegar..It appears that it's clean for a little bit then becomes streaked once again--any suggestions would be appreciated.

Be safe

THC Buildup :poke:lol

Guest Clarity Glass

Sorry , old subject but I can solve the problem. That film on the inside is "outgassing" from the plastics in your vehicle. When the inside of your vehicle gets hot, the plastics release a gassy film that sticks to the glass. Glass cleaners won't remove it. Stumbled upon a local product for my windshield repair biz that is awesome. If adminstrators will allow I will post the name of product and how to purchase it---not from me of course.

Archived