Tired of my film co.

Guest tintslut

:ot , I dont like the way its rolled, but I will still use it. At one time if you ordered

a 60" roll of auto film and had it slit, they would leave it Liner wound out for ya,

I dunno if they do it anymore tho

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm,, LLUMAR has been reverse rolled for many , many years. After numerous complaints from everyone in the business, it will never go away.

They have given some valid reasons for why it is rolled  that way.  I just

never thought of it as a problem.

We resist change until we cannot endure the misery produced by that resistance.

Cut right hand for years, then switch to the left...

All change comes with some kind of learning curve.

I switched from So Gard to LLumar after 13 years of their inconsistencies (1980-1993). Seems things have not changed much there.

The reversed rolling of LLumar's film was a minor irritant at first, eventually subsiding to a comical moment of rememberance.

I dont have much problem with llumar falling off side glasses on me because I double cut all sides, so the first peice curves toward me and the second peice curves toward the car holding itself and the first piece to the car. as for the back window and the front visors, its almost immpossible for it to roll off into the floor. if it does then you just an :asshat :lol6

Solargard's auto film the liner is wound to the outside but the flat glass film the liner is rolled to the inside.

Man I thought I was the only one that noticed the problems with Solargard film since Beakart took over.

The filml is so grainy it makes the visibility horrible. They have to be doing something different to save money probably. I have been with them since 96 and in 01 was when I started noticing the problems.

Liner outside - bullshit :mad:mad:mad My guyZZ don't like it too :thumb

About Solar Gard...Grainy it was long time ago.I remeber some 8 years..

There R interesting situation with all suppliers...I can not write here ALL THE SITUATIONS, some manufacturers will judge me :lol6:shock:lol6:nope But really I don't understand 5,10,15,20 etc after film code is really or it is for good look?

Guest FastBackJack
Face it...Maybe 5% of all tinters would prefer it rolled like Llumar decides to, ASSBACKWARDS. :lol6  It's stupid, and we all know it.  The hardcoat constantly exposed, it just defies ALL logic. Until they get their heads out of their collective asses, I'll continue to let everyone else tell me how great Llumar is. :lol6  :shock

:ot Here Here!!!

Guest FastBackJack
We have been using Solargard since '97, lately it has been like pulling teeth to get them to do anything service-wise. My biggest b***h with them is their light transmission inconsistencies. We use Quantum 37 and True grey 38 for our legal films. Legal is 35% here. For about the past year, 37 and 38 are running from 27 to 33 right out of the box. We never used to check the transmission until we had a customer get a ticket, and we thought we must have put on 28 or something, so re-tinted and measured at 25% vlt, with HPTG 38. Since then we started using quantum 52 for legal, (it's usually around 40-42% vlt.) I would like some suggestions, and am curious if this is typical of other companies also?

When you order film, where does it normally come from? Anahiem? Or somewhere closer to you, if there is one.

In the past when I used SG automotive if I ever had a problem it would always get taken care of pretty quick. :shock I dont use their auto any more, but I do still use Panorama. With the very few problems or snags that Ive had with that film, I have been pleased with the way they have handled things.

Maybe its just your Rep. :lol6

I do not use Solar Guard's auto film due to the grainyness. I use the Panorama, love it, and will continue to carry it, never had a problem with service, but order from Anaheim, they are great people. At Sema I was talking to my rep about films, and told him I wasn't going to carry their auto film or regular flat film unless they cleaned up the orange peel, he said that was a major issue being worked on at present, and was expected to be resolved within 6 mo. apparently the problem is known and is being fixed asap. We shall see! Just thought I'd pass it along to anyone who might care.

Archived