Flat glass - how to land a sale?

A few years ago I got some sales tapes from Brian Tracy.... One of the suggestions/stories he talked about was for this glass salesman. The guy would take a piece of glass to the prospect, and hits it with a hammer. Onsite demo of the product. Got tons of sales.

Then, the guy changes it up a bit and give the prospect the hammer and has them break the glass. Got more sales.

So my question - one of the reasons people give for the jobs I have been on has been to help prevent fading... blocking the UV rays.

So my thinking was to get a UV meter, give it to the customer while you hold a piece of film up to the window and have them take the reading. :lol6

Think it would work?!?!

What are some tips to help close more sales?!?!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roach,

The last time I saw a designated film sample evaluation tool, a glorified BTU meter with heat lamp where you insert glass with film samples on it was back in 1975 and was made by 3M.

Haven't seen once since in 28 years. Do any film manufacturers make them available anymore? :lol6 It was a great tool for closing a sale.

Devil

I have no idea. I know at the place I work, we have a UV meter which measures the UV coming thru a window. I know our sales guy will use it to show that UV rays are coming thru which contribute to fading... but the customer doesn't really do much other then watch.

The guys in the sales tapes tries to get the customer involved somehow... he says it makes more of an impact.

Yes we have samples of films on glass, even some of the competitors films. We use the BTU meter, UV meter as well. Unfortunately we don't pull it out on every job, but we use it quite alot.

As far as breaking windows, we do have a commeral framed window sample that we beat up every now and then. After we break the glass, as we hear is wow.

Guest Readyman

You can get both UV and Heat meters from Filmhandler tools, just go to their website. The meters are $$$$$ so make sure that you really want them. I use the heat meter from time to time, it is impressive when you watch the needle drop when you put the film in front of it.

We never use the UV meter, all of the films reduce the UV by 98-99% so what is the point?

If you do invest the money in them, make sure that you practice using them first before you get in front of a customer, just in case something goes wrong.

If you do want one, you might try to post it here to see if somebody has one for sale. Usually the films reps will give them away if you buy so much from them.

You can get both UV and Heat meters from Filmhandler tools, just go to their website. The meters are $$$$$ so make sure that you really want them. I use the heat meter from time to time, it is impressive when you watch the needle drop when you put the film in front of it.

We never use the UV meter, all of the films reduce the UV by 98-99% so what is the point?

If you do invest the money in them, make sure that you practice using them first before you get in front of a customer, just in case something goes wrong.

If you do want one, you might try to post it here to see if somebody has one for sale. Usually the films reps will give them away if you buy so much from them.

Never used any meters :thumb

Can they really help? It costly, but if there r results...

And about UV. As we studied at school (Soviet School :thumb ) all glass also cut 99% of UV. So what the films do there??? Is anybody tried to check UV behind the galss with and without film? Really I cannot understand. But, of course, we Xplain to customers that films are working against UV

Not to get too far off topic, but... I was also told that those rays - the UV-B are NOT the rays that plants need, correct?? I had a customer ask about that and I didn't know the answer... no one ever asked me that before.

Archived