98 integra BG

Guest RCOOTE

acura_sideview.gif

Fighting an INTEGRA back glass. I must be over shrinking it.. Because it just wont lay up on the inside...

ANY THOUGHTS.. I don't have much auto experience. This is the first 98 integra I've done. I'm down to the back glass, any one want to stop by and use my film to show me... I'll pay you...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LLUAMR ATR 35 all around. I'm fighting the top corners shrinking, then, when I get it, I transfer to the inside and I just can't get it to stick to the inside, The corners won't lay down no matter what I do... And if the corners are puched down, the whole side edge lifts.... Good thing is, I have it for a week. But damn, attempted twice with the same results.. WTF????

Guest smiletinter

Try not to shrink it perfect, leave few small fingers on both sides, it's ok.

Apply the film and after squeezing most of water, use a heatgun from inside of the back window and get rid of small fingers left on both sides. If you pop the side panels, would be easier.

Don't get hot headed, and just have a fun!!!! :angel

Thank smile.. I'm fairly relaxed about it, but I'm also self taught with the help of this board and people like you. I focus on FG, but at this time of year I'll take on anything.. I've give it another whirl tomorrow. Worst case I'll take my film to a guy who has awards for beatles at sema in Niagara falls and pay him to do it. He'll laugh at me but hey, we all had to start some where...

use a heatgun from inside of the back window

I wouldn't recommend taking a heatgun inside anyones vehicle unless you know exactly WTF you're doing.... :thumb

Heat it from the outside, but not too much... The adhesive on ATR isn't as aggressive as I'd really like to see, but like the others said, don't over shrink it.. :dunno

Archived