Window Leak

Guest BloodyHarlan

Guest BloodyHarlan

I had alot of problems with the blower on my heater it kept messing up and I paid twice to have it fixed three hundred dollars, it would blow and not cut off. I kept telling the car shop something was wrong and they finally said I have a short and they fixed it. Well lore and behold here I am same dang problem, but I took and had it hot wired with a togo switch instead takin it back to the car shop like a dummy for the third time. I started cleanin my car and the floor board was soaked. Looked around and Dunno what it is called but the black plastic part below my windshield wipers has popped up a little on the passengers side of my car. It's leakin from outside into my car. Now I know this is what caused the problem with the heater and untellin what else yet to be known. Anyway Is there something I can do to fix this myself. Super Glue ( lol) maybe or some kinda window seal treatment that will work? I don't have but one place to take have it fixed and I'll not give that place another dime of my money. Any help be appreciated. Thanks

I had alot of problems with the blower on my heater it kept messing up and I paid twice to have it fixed three hundred dollars, it would blow and not cut off. I kept telling the car shop something was wrong and they finally said I have a short and they fixed it. Well lore and behold here I am same dang problem, but I took and had it hot wired with a togo switch instead takin it back to the car shop like a dummy for the third time. I started cleanin my car and the floor board was soaked. Looked around and Dunno what it is called but the black plastic part below my windshield wipers has popped up a little on the passengers side of my car. It's leakin from outside into my car. Now I know this is what caused the problem with the heater and untellin what else yet to be known. Anyway Is there something I can do to fix this myself. Super Glue ( lol) maybe or some kinda window seal treatment that will work? I don't have but one place to take have it fixed and I'll not give that place another dime of my money. Any help be appreciated. Thanks

RTV! :poke

What kind of vehicle is it? :dunno

I have been repairing, water leaks for about 15 years or so, been in business doing it for 10yrs. this Apr., some vehicles are prone to certain types of leaks.

If I'm not tinting it or re-upholstering it, I am repairing water leaking into it.

If I knew what type of vehicle, then I could tell you if I'd seen that problem before.

9 of 10 times, everyone assumes it's the windshield or a weatherstrip. :ohcrap

They have no idea how many variables there are when it comes to water leaking into a vehicle...

Guest Hot Carl

I'm gonna guess its a buick centry or a regal. DW1297 its the sripe under the cowl that goes right above the blower motor and interior filter

Archived