Goodbye Puppy !

We brought you home at the age of 6 weeks, She held you in her lap on the way home.

All you ever asked for was food, comanionship and for a walk a few times a week. You would always be so happy to see us come outside (more happy to see your food than us I suspect )

A few months after we brought you home, I could hear you crying in the backyard, and could not find you. You had a dug a hole under your doghouse and could not get out, I moved your house and picked you up and you were fine, but you never did that again.

You always enjoyed riding in the car, going to the vet, or coming home, always trying to get in the Drivers Seat before I could get in.

You rebounded amazingly at the age of 14 from having Tumor removed from your leg in June of 2007.

Surprisingly, Again, you rebounded from the series of Tumors that showed up just before Thanksgiving on the same leg.

The other night you were demanding yuor nighttime feeding, letting me know you thought I was taking too long. What happened during the night we will never know. Finding you lying in the yard not able to get up, but trying so hardto have the dignity to get up, was hard to see. The look in your eyes saying you were hurting so bad, I picked you up and brought you in the Living Room, hoping so desperatly that you just got cold and needed to warm up and all would be fine. Watching you get on your feet was rewarding, only to watch in despair as you collapsed on your other side.

Taking you to the Vet and having to carry you, as you were trying to stand and walk on your own, but unable to.

You gave us 14 1/2 years of happiness, this is your second day at the Vet, and it appears the will is there, but the body is just too tired.

I miss going out with your food and scratching your head as you imaptiently waited for me to stop so you could eat.

If there is still no improvement when I see you Wednesday, then it appears it is time for the only Vet you have ever known to give you the act of kindness. You gave us nearly 15 years, now it is time for us to end your suffering.

RIP Lady, you silly dog ! I will always remember you !

sorry for your pain Tint123 I just put down my great dane about 8 months ago. I know how your feeling. I still wake up every morning and look down and shes not laying beside my bed. :rollin

:rollin So sorry :thumb

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Archived