Hellish Conditions

We walk into a job last week and after asking to have the place cleaned up, we come in to find it still packed with sawdust from recent rennovation.

Single pane, bullet holes, chipped glass, dirt everywhere. Struggled with it and ended up coming back to re-do a window only to find the place spotless. Would've waited for the place to be cleaned, but we were asked to work amung other contractors on a push to get this guy's project done. Lost so much time/effort trying to preserve the reputation of a 10 year old tinting business.

Now asking ourselves, should we have put this off? refused to work the day we were sheduled? turned it down for the sake of our reputation?

Know how you feel! I got stitched up with one of those jobs years ago with a carpenter at one end with an electric belt sander and me at the other with a squeegee. :jerkit

The builder griped me about the dirt and bubbles in the film. I said "you can have it for free" in order to save my reputation as a fair person. Won't ever get caught on that again. I'd refuse the job and be better off.

Devil

did it once WON'T do it again. I feel it's better to politely tell them their not ready for window film yet and assure them we won't hold them up. If I suspect a situation like this coming I will check the job a few days ahead of time and explain it in advance. It helps avoid problems and wasting my time also they don't get the impression we are the one screwing with their schedule because :lol:jerkit

I stand my ground, when it comes to dirt and clenliness I will not settle for less, If you just explain to them what you need and why I have found that these people will oblige you in your needs, if they just want it for free and are going to complain regardless thats when I give em the 1/4" edge gap :jerkit, If you let them know you are pickier than they are you will get what you need, thats been my experience anyway, And I'm one picky ass mofo, I'm not the customer some hack would want to deal with, thats for damn sure.

Many construction sites I have walked away and told them I would come back later. I only had one problem with a builder when I did that. I told him it was his decision and it was going to be full of dust.

He understood and I have been back to his sites a few times afterwards for more work.

Archived