Take your glass with you

I like using a 3' x 6' sheet of glass for placing my film on b4 installing as most do, if you ever do mobile tint , this is something that usually gets left behind because of the size. Take 4 panes of 1.5' x 3 ' of lexan glass ,stack them like books, bungee cord them together and you can take them anywhere. You just undo them, set them side by side pushed up beside each other ...all 4 against the wall where your doing your mobile tint 1.5x 4 = your portable6x3 transfer glass. when your done with your back glass, have 2 panes on one side of the car and 2 on the other side...3x3 , enough glassfor the sides of th cars. I don't do much mobile these days, but this was a help when I did :jerkit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just use the glass on the car :lol6

(note: clean it 1st) :D

That's always an option, I've always prefered my own transfer glass to each his/her own, this tip is for the tinters that are accustomed to using a transfer glass like myself :rollin

Guest SQUEEGEE
Just use the glass on the car :lol6

(note: clean it 1st) :D

That's always an option, I've always prefered my own transfer glass to each his/her own, this tip is for the tinters that are accustomed to using a transfer glass like myself :rollin

Working with Plexi or Lexan makes it easier to carry around and transport.

I always carry a 40x60" sheet in my truck in case the vehicle I'm working on looks too dirty otherwise I use the vehicle like Gus mentioned. I refuse to spend as much time cleaning a P.O.S. as I do tinting it. I get paid to tint not to clean the exterior of someone's vehicle.

Archived