Take your glass with you

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always thought about this type of situation, but I cut on the glass when I trim my corners, etc. However, It'd be a lot better to have plastic than nothing... I appreciate the tip!

Do you fasten the pieces together or have a stand?

funny you should ask..I wracked my brain trying to figure a good way to fasten, then it dawned on me just use 4 rubber coasters (one for each pane and lean them up against a wall side by side - the fact that they are in sections wont bother you in the least and they will not slip at all...and it's the easiest way too :passout

Guest Braud Spectrum

I've always thought about this type of situation, but I cut on the glass when I trim my corners, etc. However, It'd be a lot better to have plastic than nothing... I appreciate the tip!

Do you fasten the pieces together or have a stand?

funny you should ask..I wracked my brain trying to figure a good way to fasten, then it dawned on me just use 4 rubber coasters (one for each pane and lean them up against a wall side by side - the fact that they are in sections wont bother you in the least and they will not slip at all...and it's the easiest way too :hmmm

Good idea TW. I have a big ol' piece (32" X 72" -- 1/4" tempered) that I haul in the back of my truck. It's heavy and I really wanted it that big in case I needed it to peel a back glass or do an eyebrow. But most of the time I'm just doing D & P's so it way more than necessary and it's a pain in the butt to move from side to side not to mention scarey.

I knocked the bottom corner on my first piece moving it at a dealership and it exploded in the service bay.

I also use old mouse pads for the bottom to rest it on the concrete. Those come in handy for all kinds of things. They're practically free at the Goodwill store. I used them for bumpers on the carport of a townhouse I lived in temporarily during my divorce. Stupid thing was so narrow and I didn't want to bump the edge of the doors on my truck so I stapled them on the wall in a row on each side at exactly the level that the widest part of my doors opened and touched.

I've even made new washers for an old Chevy ( with the wing windows) that the original ones on the hardware were dry rotted and crumbled when I removed them.

Guest Me_shelli
I refuse to spend as much time cleaning a P.O.S. as I do tinting it.  I get paid to tint not to clean the exterior of someone's vehicle.

pressure washer, wash mit, soap and a good 6 minutes. About as much time as assembling your portable glass easles. :lol6 :gus

Archived