window coverings-blinds, shutters,etc

Guest tintdude82
What are the best brands?

Hunter douglas ( always the first with innovative products it seems ), Kirsch/Levelor, Graber. those are probably the big three. Big money in window treatments, but also a really big learning curve .

ive been thinking of doing blinds myself whats a good way to get my hands wet in that bisiness? any learning schools?

Hunter douglas ( always the first with innovative products it seems ), Kirsch/Levelor, Graber. those are probably the big three. Big money in window treatments, but also a really big learning curve .

ive been thinking of doing blinds myself whats a good way to get my hands wet in that bisiness? any learning schools?

Nothing to learn. Just get in with a supplier, and get exact measurements (from the top of the opening) and take off a small amount from the exact measurement per mfg. I use Phifer Sheerweave roller shades and have to take off 1/8" from the exact measurement. They are easy to install unless you have very large openings to do. Then you may need two people to lift the shade/blind up.

IMHO, there is a good bit to learn. Here are some basics. You have to options for mounting blinds. Inside mount and outside mount. When measuring, you want to measure 3 ways horizontal, and 3 ways vertical. diagonal measurements dont hurt either, if you feel the window may be off square . major products sold are wood and faux wood blinds, roller/solar shades. cellular shades, plantation shutters , aluminum and vinyl mini blinds, and vertical blinds What i meant by a learning curve is more for measuring plantation shutters , as there are a ton of different framing systems. Great products , and it can give you some really good sales if you are persistent and work hard to make sales. If you need more info PM me and we can talk more about this, as i would grow tired of typing more information than what I already did ...lol

Guest tintdude82

IMHO, there is a good bit to learn. Here are some basics. You have to options for mounting blinds. Inside mount and outside mount. When measuring, you want to measure 3 ways horizontal, and 3 ways vertical. diagonal measurements dont hurt either, if you feel the window may be off square . major products sold are wood and faux wood blinds, roller/solar shades. cellular shades, plantation shutters , aluminum and vinyl mini blinds, and vertical blinds What i meant by a learning curve is more for measuring plantation shutters , as there are a ton of different framing systems. Great products , and it can give you some really good sales if you are persistent and work hard to make sales. If you need more info PM me and we can talk more about this, as i would grow tired of typing more information than what I already did ...lol

thx buddy i really appreciate it!!! and i will pm you soon!!

Archived