Film and fading furniture - Vista films

I was at a customer's house today doing an install. My boss sold her on V48. After we put film on the two sliders, she saw it and said that it was too dark. I then asked her for the reason behind getting the film in the first place, and she said to protect against fading. I asked if heat or glare were concerns, and she said no.

According to the specs, the difference between V48 and V58 is like 13% more heat blockage. She went with V58.

After leaving the job, I was talking with my co-worker who was there with me and my question to him, (if V48 would even really make that big of a difference) was at what point does customer satisfaction go above the purpose for the film?? Today was raining... so it wasn't exactly the best day to look at windows with film on them.

My contention was that it's only a 13% difference, and if she thinks 48 is too dark, every time she goes into her living room, she's going to say to herself "Boy that's dark".

Did I suggest the wrong film?? When she saw the 48 on the doors, the first thing she said to me was what would happen if in a few weeks she isn't happy with it?? That right there, when someone asks me, is a tip-off that there is a concern and maybe the customer shouldn't get the film the sales guy had suggested.

If she hadn't of said that, I think I would have tried to tell her on a sunny day it won't look dark, etc.

I dunno....

I have been running into this every day for 13 years. You and I both know that V-48 is NOT too dark, even on a rainy day. Since I own my company I tell people that If they follow my recommendation and, after 30 days they think it is too dark or too light, I will take it off and give her the film of his/her choice at no extra charge. I am happy to say only 1 person in 13 years actually took me up on the offer.

I have been running into this every day for 13 years. You and I both know that V-48 is NOT too dark, even on a rainy day. Since I own my company I tell people that If they follow my recommendation and, after 30 days they think it is too dark or too light, I will take it off and give her the film of his/her choice at no extra charge. I am happy to say only 1 person in 13 years actually took me up on the offer.

:?

That's the way to handle it. :dance

48... 58... when it comes to reducing fading there isn't a big enough difference to worry over.

Reduces fading... protect against implies stopping fading.

What most do not understand is that if the fading process has already begun with furnishings, floors or fabrics, it will continue even after the tint is applied.

Although film will slow the process either way; brand spankin' new goods will fade much slower than those goods showing signs fading's already occurring.

Nothing to lose sleep over...

Edited by metint4u2