FTI announces that it has been purchased

Guest JUSTIN

Guest vclimber
so now were going to have V-gard and Suncool window films :nope

Apart from the window film business, the GMX group owns, operates and franchises 36 Pastamania® restaurants in Singapore, Malaysia, India Dubai, Kuwait and Indonesia. It employs in excess of 500 staff and has its headquarters in Singapore. The GMX group has won several accolades including the Enterprise50, Fastest Growing 50, Franchise Excellence and Franchisor of the Year awards over the years. Its two founding directors were named Entrepreneur of the Year in Singapore in 2004.

------------

SunBurger

GlassMac :thumb:thumb:DD

Better to be owned by a company that does not have to reorganize or is run by the bank. Whatever these guys touch seems to have success. SunBurger and GlassMac Films... watch the rest of the film industry copy it. :DD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you guys seem to be enjoying your private conversation between yourselves, but when I read,

"Don Wheeler, Chairman of FTI remarked, "I am pleased that the legacy of our well known brand names will continue through Solamatrix Inc."

That doesn't indicate name change... :nope

:DD

taht's what im trying to say!!! :DD

hopefully people get to keep they're jobs and not lose them to outsource personnel :thumb

Hi all,

This is a very interesting development, but just wondering if they can and/or will be able to produce films on the same or even better quality level. Hopefully they'll re-employ FTI employees, that's something that made me wonder,as it was stated that they do not know if they can do that... Kind of doubt that all would have gotten jobs already, or is it just that they might not want to be working for the new company, who knows. I do hope they're for serious here... Btw, is the CEO Dave Fletcher the same guy who used to be the MD (?) for FTI couple of years ago?

Well, you guys seem to be enjoying your private conversation between yourselves, but when I read,

"Don Wheeler, Chairman of FTI remarked, "I am pleased that the legacy of our well known brand names will continue through Solamatrix Inc."

That doesn't indicate name change... :DD

:thumb

taht's what im trying to say!!! :DD

hopefully people get to keep they're jobs and not lose them to outsource personnel :thumb

:nope I know that one man - russian who were technolog at FTI - now are at SunTek..... But of course I know only about one man.....

When small fish are eaten buy shark at means that inside shark's body small fish will be digested and her bones (if not digested) will be spiten out.

May be they need FTI, may be not. May be they simply eat competitor - time must pass and we can analize the situation - now we can only guess...

Hi all,

This is a very interesting development, but just wondering if they can and/or will be able to produce films on the same or even better quality level. Hopefully they'll re-employ FTI employees, that's something that made me wonder,as it was stated that they do not know if they can do that... Kind of doubt that all would have gotten jobs already, or is it just that they might not want to be working for the new company, who knows. I do hope they're for serious here... Btw, is the CEO Dave Fletcher the same guy who used to be the MD (?) for FTI couple of years ago?

Fletcher was at DTI some 15 years ago.....

Since this seems like a bit of a guessing game, let me throw in my projection.

1. The equipment value of the FTI manufacturing was bought at fire sale pricing. The slitter alone (72 inch) might normally run 3-4 million. Why do you think some companies have taken soooo long to have a 6 ft film or simply private labeled another MFG film?

2. The Sun gard name has value in a consumer oriented market. The trade name has intrinsic value that has to be worth 2 million in the USA and overseas.

Economics make this a good purchase and by moving swiftly they blocked the slower moving players who may have given this some thought. Snooze-you lose.

Now they certainly don't need the Sun gard distributors. So that's a dead end.

They can now envision offering a more complete product portfolio with a good/better scenario, self manufactured rather than buying a finished product from the old FTI and re-packaging it. Lots of cost savings (obviously increased factory costs- -but with US dollar so low) this makes good business sense.

Archived