Getting into the game

Guest Telsun

Guest Telsun
I'm a bit confused about the film to do my car; on LEO'n'DARTZ website the largest size film is 60" but my back glass is bigger than that....

Erm ignore that comment!!! :thumb For some reason I was thinking that it was 60cm, it was a long night.

So are all back glass done in one piece then?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a bit confused about the film to do my car; on LEO'n'DARTZ website the largest size film is 60" but my back glass is bigger than that....

Erm ignore that comment!!! :lol For some reason I was thinking that it was 60cm, it was a long night.

So are all back glass done in one piece then?

almost all...

all can be but sometimes is just better, faster or cheaper to seam two pieces on a back glass

Guest walestint

yeah I spose if you can do a clio in one youre half way there!!

clean roll ups, removing the odd rear door quarter and saloon back glasses next :thumb

Guest Diamond Tints
Ok, I guess knowing will just come from experience.

So how about my Clio tailgate idea is that how it works?

Tel, To your question well its yes and no I suppose because being able to shrink you will still need to get a clean install also, But if you can shrink the clio you should be able to to shrink the majority of r,screens, Golf mk5 is a good one to learn on as well as this very hard also

Guest Telsun

Thanks guys.

I've recieved my dvd from Ebay and it gives me a reasonable idea of what I gotta do. So now I just need to order some film for my car and wait for a fine day.

Before booking a course (after attempting to tint my car) I was thinking that I'll contact the few tinting guys in the area and see if they'll give me a part time job/ apprenticeship.

Guest Bladez

I'm sure your local tint company's will be more than happy to train you, teach you the skills, invest time and money into you, for you to set up some pi*s poor tinting outfit just around the corner! My advice would be stick to what you know, harsh I will admit but sick of coming across cowboy's who have two months experience, thinking this profession is a quick money maker!!! :thumb

Guest Telsun

lol :thumb

Thanks for the advice (did you register just to post that?). There is one local tinter and one about 25 miles away, I would set up between them and make my intentions clear if I apply for a position with them. Perhaps I'll have to look further from home...If they're up for it then I was thinking about a year or so time scale.

I am looking for a career change not a fast buck. Tinting appeals. I have never been a cowboy in anything I have done Tinting will be no exception. :thumb

Guest Diamond Tints
I'm sure your local tint company's will be more than happy to train you, teach you the skills, invest time and money into you, for you to set up some pi*s poor tinting outfit just around the corner! My advice would be stick to what you know, harsh I will admit but sick of coming across cowboy's who have two months experience, thinking this profession is a quick money maker!!! :thumb

I need to agree with this dude, brutal but honest

Guest potzy
I'm sure your local tint company's will be more than happy to train you, teach you the skills, invest time and money into you, for you to set up some pi*s poor tinting outfit just around the corner! My advice would be stick to what you know, harsh I will admit but sick of coming across cowboy's who have two months experience, thinking this profession is a quick money maker!!! :spit

I need to agree with this dude, brutal but honest

Been watching this one for a while and id thought id add my :rollin thing is, I worked in the motor trade for 15yrs ( which was a massive advantage )befor I even thought about taking up the tinting game...and it wasnt easy. I practiced for around a 1 year, evemings, weekends and fooked up alot befor I even considerding packing in my day job...but I did in the end took another 2-3 years to get in with local dealers and have them to trust my workmanship...been 6 yrs since then and I have a thriving bussiness BUT its been an up hill stuggle all the way so dont think its easy to to make a quick $ for a while.

Anyway, MK1 clio I find harder or perhaps MK5 polo or honda type R thatl make you cry...oh and a lucida but I can do all in one hit whith out any probs using dryer sheets, learn dry shrinking and you might start making a bit of money....but not over night eh. :poke

Archived