Cut all patterns then apply film?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CajunTinter
Is there a different technique you have to use when double cutting or do you just have to be a little more careful?

Same technique... just remember to snap your blades off more often since you are now cutting film that is in essence twice as thick... :thumb:beer

Guest goldtooth
Do u guys cut all patterns for front/back rollups and quarters, then apply. Or would you want to do fronts then apply, back then apply? Also, do you do the back glass first or last?

to each his own..adapting a certain routine and applying it daily,makes you faster and more efficient :thumb

Today I did the back window.

Then I double cut the fronts, installed driver's side, put on the dual 500w lamps. Installed passenger side. Double cut the rear doors, installed passenger side, then driver's side, double cut quarter glass, installed driver's side then passenger side.

Usually I don't double cut because what happens is I screw up the cut and ruin two pieces of film! However, today went smooth. Considering most of the time there's at least one window I have to do a second time double cutting barely saves me time. But today went alright.....even on a 2000 Continental with a vinyl top on it that covered half the rear window.

Hear ya there...I double cut 90% of the time and 90% the front or back rollups both get screwed up due to double cutting....usually the 2 peices shift apart. See, im mobile and I have to squeege both peices together on car, so I can't squegee every inch of it. With out a 4 by 8 peice of glass on a wall to squeege both peices together I am considering cutting single cause Im mobile.

Does anyone know a better way to squeegee peices tightly together on outside of car?

use less soap or no soap when you spray the liduid between the 2 pieces to be put togeather :dunno

and make sure the liners sides are away from each other..

liner to liner = slip and slide

film to film = sticky togeather

Archived