Cut all patterns then apply film?

Guest Texstar
when I do double cut, I layer the film on the table and press all the water out. then transfer it to the car and cut. then snap both at the same time.

Hey snappy, what do you mean by sanp both together, ya talking about shrinking?

yes, snapping is a way of shrinking or heat forming

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
when I do double cut, I layer the film on the table and press all the water out. then transfer it to the car and cut. then snap both at the same time.

Hey snappy, what do you mean by sanp both together, ya talking about shrinking?

yes, snapping is a way of shrinking or heat forming

:dunno

back glass is always first. I double cut the rear, double shrink and then install that rear door. Now I put my rear pattern for the other side on the peeler then double cut my front, double shrink and install that front door . Then I cut the quarters with the leftover from the fronts. I go to the otherside and install driver door is last. Last step is to detail any contam wipe window panels and ship.

double shrink? did not know this was a possibility. Please explain. :dunno

Guest Texstar
back glass is always first. I double cut the rear, double shrink and then install that rear door. Now I put my rear pattern for the other side on the peeler then double cut my front, double shrink and install that front door . Then I cut the quarters with the leftover from the fronts. I go to the otherside and install driver door is last. Last step is to detail any contam wipe window panels and ship.

see above about snapping

Guest thatsnappyguy

speaking of snapping...I couldnt tell u the last time I actually shrank a door on the car itself. I been snapping for over a year now, and rarley have problems...its a great trick to learn.

Guest thatsnappyguy

theres a link on you tube...its not really exactly how I do it but simular. I do it with the windows right side up and use the olfa to just pull the film off the glass as I put a lil heat on the edge.

Do a search.... There's lots of info about it around here!

speaking of snapping...I couldnt tell u the last time I actually shrank a door on the car itself. I been snapping for over a year now, and rarley have problems...its a great trick to learn.

When double shrinking roll ups, do you heat them liner to liner or tint to tint. I've been doing them liner to liner.

When double shrinking roll ups, do you heat them liner to liner or tint to tint. I've been doing them liner to liner.

Dude.. go up a few posts and read my response...

Archived