Aleene's glue sucks

I went to Wally World the other day to try some Elmer's Blue Glue but they were out. I remember reading in the blue glue thread that Aleene's was another choice. I bought 2 different varieties. One was Clear Gel Tacky Glue and the other was Quick Dry Tacky Glue. I used the second one. It says it dries to clear. It doesn't. I did a new Altima coupe. They have about 8" of dots like a 2004 Eclipse. That was Tuesday. She came back to the shop on Wednesday to ask about a few tiny water bubbles that were left and when I went out to the car I was not happy. It looked exactly the same as when I finished on Tuesday. It has been in the mid-60's all week so it had to be dry. The Quick Dry is going to the trash can. I'm leary of trying anything new for this reason. I can't find O' Glue anymore around here. That worked great!

Guest Texstar
I went to Wally World the other day to try some Elmer's Blue Glue but they were out. I remember reading in the blue glue thread that Aleene's was another choice. I bought 2 different varieties. One was Clear Gel Tacky Glue and the other was Quick Dry Tacky Glue. I used the second one. It says it dries to clear. It doesn't. I did a new Altima coupe. They have about 8" of dots like a 2004 Eclipse. That was Tuesday. She came back to the shop on Wednesday to ask about a few tiny water bubbles that were left and when I went out to the car I was not happy. It looked exactly the same as when I finished on Tuesday. It has been in the mid-60's all week so it had to be dry. The Quick Dry is going to the trash can. I'm leary of trying anything new for this reason. I can't find O' Glue anymore around here. That worked great!

Ive only used the clear gel and its awesome. Use about one fourth of the elmers that your used to. Its alot thicker and go's a long way :thumb

I can't seem to find Elmer's Blue glue anymore at wallworld either. I have been useing Aleen's clear liquid glue in the white bottle for over four months now without any problems. It isn't as thick as elmers, and goes on really easy. It is a few cents more than elmers. :dunno

Guest willie
I can't seem to find Elmer's Blue glue anymore at wallworld either. I have been useing Aleen's clear liquid glue in the white bottle for over four months now without any problems. It isn't as thick as elmers, and goes on really easy. It is a few cents more than elmers. :twocents

Agree, Pro Ive been using the Aleens that pretty thick and dont have to use much of it. Yes sunslayer it costs a little more, but nothing to worry about. :evileye

Guest rubberbizkitt

I have found that some tint will react differently to certain types of after market glue. I use a glue stick on one type of tint and it works fine. I tell the customer to let it dry for at least a month for all the white haziness to dry to clear. Dry time is the key as long as all the air is out of the matrix. Then its all good.

If I do the same on another type of tint with the same glue stick, there seems to be a reaction with the adhesive from the tint and the glue stick. It would turn green. Therefore, I stay away from that tint.

I have heard of probond and rapid tac is something that we do have in our shop but have never experimented with.

Archived