Jaguar XF 2008

Guest simon weekes

Guest simon weekes

Hi

Has anyone tinted the new XF Jag?

The rear brake light is built into the rear, at first look I think I am going to take out rear seats and trim?

Plaese help :thumb

Guest Tintim
Not seen one yet, got one to do this week though, any tips/info guys?? :twocents

Done a couple they are a breeze. Use a bulldozer to push down behind the brakelight - take it slow and steady and you'll have no problems. If you have a look at the Mercedes CLS thread you'll see some good tips. We use rubber wedges when the brake lights are real tight. With the odd exception where you have to take em out (Ferrari 612 Scaglietti is one I remember)

Door trims are just one screw behind grab handle and they pull away at the top to allow you to remove the interior rubber seal - same as Range Rover, BMW etc. Hope this helps. :nope

Guest Bladez

Sounds straight forward then, hope there is more room behind the brakelight than the CLS though, I hate those cars and the strip out is a nightmare! I use an inflatable wedge when needed to create a gap between backglass and rear shelf. Works a treat :barf

Guest Tintim
Sounds straight forward then, hope there is more room behind the brakelight than the CLS though, I hate those cars and the strip out is a nightmare! I use an inflatable wedge when needed to create a gap between backglass and rear shelf. Works a treat :)

There is more - but only just. I would say they are much easier than CLS.

Guest Bladez

Got hold of an XF today, rear shelf was very very close to back glass (just like CLS) Decided to remove rear deck, put seats forward, remove rear side panels, remove four push in clips and thats it! 5 Minutes max. Well worth the the 5 minutes to remove, gives easy access and all electrics can be fully covered. IMO

Archived