Respect on this board

Guest secretagentswole

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really dont recall anyboby ganging up on any subjects other than the illegal thing....lets make this an official rule.. no talk about illegal tinting. we know that alot of guys here do it and some dont...lets just make it one of the terms of agreement or something...what u think tintdude?

what? tinting is illegal? son of a b#tch! why didn't someone tell me in a few of my first posts? I was getting ready to open a shop. thank goodness I caught this thread in time. :popcorn

Guest thatsnappyguy
I really dont recall anyboby ganging up on any subjects other than the illegal thing....lets make this an official rule.. no talk about illegal tinting. we know that alot of guys here do it and some dont...lets just make it one of the terms of agreement or something...

Hey Kid, it's been tried before... doesn't work. Someone will inevitably post about it... and their torch. :poke

you see....I dont get all bent out of shape when a total duche wants to call me a kid...just let it go :popcorn

you know tintman that is some of the problem. you refer to someone as a kid when there are no "kids" on here. we are all professionals. that goes right back to the respect thing. if you would talk to someone with respect they may be alittle more up to hearing your side. but when you start calling names it puts people on the defensive.

OK, sorry to me a "kid/young pup" etc etc etc in the industry is someone with under 10+ years in, :poke I grew up around "older" people/parents, I was always refered to as kid/kiddo/youngster etc etc, if by me calling you a kid, you get offended by that, whatever, that is how I was raised.

I'd rather be called a kid than a fairy :lol .. :popcorn:40:poke

Guest clint4883

One thing about this site.

When your a noob here you catch a little hell from time to time ESPECIALLY when you come off as a Illegal Tinter.

All the info on this board is free. Its been posted by long time members and people that have decided its worth getting their p@nties out of a wad and participating.

Catching some hell is a small price to pay for all the free info that we have all decided to share.

My advice to noobs to avoid catching hell would be to show some respect to US FIRST, Don't come off as a jackazz illegal tinter, don't bash long time members right off the bad.

Just be a normal person and all will be OK :poke You act like a divck you get treated like a divck, then it up to you to decide if you want to suck it up and stay and participate.

A lot of the older members here don't take lightly the free info that is given away here. We learned all this shvit the HARD way. Noobs come here and act like we owe them something sometimes when actually it the other way.

Show some respect to the guys that have put a HELLUVA lot of time into this site and then maybe it will be reciprocated assuming you dont out yourself as a illegal tinting hack right off the bat :popcorn

Quote/ I don't owe you anything! I learned this business from someone that had enough patients to teach me. I may owe him but not you. and one more thing to get respect you have to give respect. I understand the new boy is going to catch hell for a while, I mean I am a firefighter and we kinda pride ourselfs on that but always with respect for them. never calling them an idiot and a jackazz just because they don't undrstand something. we kinda take them under your wing and teach them the way to do it.

Guest Key West
so.....you were showing basic moral respect when your first posts on the board here were bashing me for making a cuttable pattern for a back window on fleet trucks I was working on? :poke
Alot of truth to that, but where (I know I'm one of the "hack bullies" your refering to) you FALL very short in understanding what everyone is trying to get across to you and every other "kid" in the tinting game, ILLEGAL tint work is just that, ILLEGAL.

Alot of us don't do ILLEGAL work, and hate with a passion when someone posts on a PUBLIC forum about how they do it, and it's no big deal.

ALOT of us "old timers" tint LEGALY, and loose alot of business from people/shops who run around doing ILLEGAL work. Period Plain and Simple, if you don't like the fact you seem to get ganged up on and beat upon on the internet, sorry, but stop and think about what YOU are posting, and the "bully" responses your getting.

ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL, QUIT BRAGGING ABOUT IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM, and you might actually make some friends around here. :lol2

REPOST:

Nobody I know is pissed, or mad or anything. And you stated what I was gonna tell you perfectly. But you seem to forget that it's a double edged sword. I don't need or solicit your respect. When you come on any board, you gotta earn the respect of those who were there before you, NOT the other way around. I don't believe that I degraded you, or disparaged you in any way. You seem to be under the impression that you automatically are entitled to our respect. Generally speaking, newbies (to the board, not necessarily to the game)get it until such time as they come out with statements that are plainly not in keeping with the general consus of the board on which they are posting. You KNOW (or should know by now) that illegal tinting is frowned upon by the majority of the membership of this board. Whether or not someone does install illegally, you don't go bragging about doing it on a public forum of supposedly professional tinters. Kinda like the militarys "Dont ask, dont tell" policy. The public does read this board, and the image that they have of us as tinters is reinforced by what they read here. Muffler shops cut catalytic converters all the time, but you don't see Midas advertising the fact that they will do it. When you tell someone you don't know that you are willing to break the law for them and thier money, no matter how rediculous or unenforced that law is, either conciously or subconciously that custy sees you as shady.

I don't know WHERE you get the idea that you are important enough for me to spend the energy to get mad, or pissed off at you. I don't even know you, and personally don't care if I ever do. You are quite possibly a great guy, and I have yet to meet ANYONE I cannot learn something from, but if we never do meet, ................................................SO WHAT?

I have to say I've yet to receive negative feedback on here from anyone. I'm brand new to the biz and have probably asked some stupid questions. however, I've been shown full respect and have learned quite a bit. without this forum, I would be tinting my kitchen windows right now just to have something to do. not sure if its the way you present yourself or the statements or questions you ask, but, nothing negative has been said to me. maybe getting picked on here is harmless poking fun at you. we all need a laugh from time to time. hey, wait a minute, maybe I've not been picked on cause no one likes me. :poke:lol:DD screw you guys. I'm going home.

OK, :40:cry Go away, you hack KID!!! Your kitchen already needs to be redone!!! (by a PRO, this time!!) :cry There, feel better now? :lol:cry:lol

How have I ruined my rep exactly? because I stand up to the "older" people on the site. if so thats fine with me. I am not going to say anything about illegal tint any more. some one actually took the time to open my eyes to why it shouldn't be done and if it is, it should be discussed on this site. I can understand why you want to talk a bunch of noise to me, I mean I am probably half your age and with a little more experience and I know that I would kill you to admit that you could probably learn something from such a young guy.

Dude, a 20 year old kid who had been tinting for 6 months REVOLUTIONIZED tinting for me. And I had been at it for 15 years at that time. So to say that we can't or wont learn from the younger crowd is just plain asinine. I do not know Blade personally, but I DO know his rep. The tint world is a small place after all, and if you manage to stay in it long enough, just maybe someone will hear about you and your abilities as well.

Just don't let your enormous ego get in the way and you'll probably do well.

experience and age has nothing to do with it for me. one of my best installers ever was a 20 year old who had 2 months experience when I hired him. I could turn him loose on ANYTHING almost immediately. a total natural. :40

age means nothing. there used to be atypicaloldguy on here that I went back and forth with all the time. :popcorn and he had tons of experience.

Would that be atypicaldave? Blade is right. Age is relative. I know guys who have years of experience that I wouldn't give the time of day to, and other, MUCH younger, guys whom I respect and watch what they do closely. You talk about respect, but apparently don't have the slightest clue as to how to garner it. You do not automatically deserve any respect other than civility. You EARN respect from those you want it from. Remember, YOU came here, last I heard TD.COM doesn't send out invites. You want our respect, then try earning it. I hear people talk big all day long. You are judged by what you do, and how you carry yourself, not by what you say you can do or what you say you are. And in this case you started out by openly bragging about illegal tint, openly attacking members in long standing of this board. I guess you wrote the book on how to win friends and influence people.

Guest vclimber
I really dont recall anyboby ganging up on any subjects other than the illegal thing....lets make this an official rule.. no talk about illegal tinting. we know that alot of guys here do it and some dont...lets just make it one of the terms of agreement or something...

Hey Kid, it's been tried before... doesn't work. Someone will inevitably post about it... and their torch. :poke

you see....I dont get all bent out of shape when a total duche wants to call me a kid...just let it go :popcorn

:lol Yeah, and notice how I didn't insult the newb by telling him to quit asking hack questions before using the search button to find out if hasn't already been suggested by some else before. :poke

Guest thatsnappyguy
Seems how this thread has gone to the dogs.....

I do agree. I said my peace and im gonna leave it at that...something alot of guys/gals all should do. this really is stupid to entertain these guys and thier emotions....yall have a great night...dont let this all get to you. :popcorn

Archived