New products at Sema

Guest expertint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintMiester

That's my strategy.. Get a good name for myself, before it gets washed out, like tint is now.

And, believe me guys, the stuff really does kick ass. I've had it on my Truck for 2 years, and after going snow-boarding several times, and lots of highway driving, there are two little nicks in the material to show for it. I figure in 2 or 3 more years, I'll peel it off, put a new piece on, and my paint will be factory fresh still underneath.

You ought to get a free sample, and give it a try. I seriously want to get out of tinting, and do ppf exclusively at this point.

Guest SQUEEGEE

OT,

I figure you'd be a shoe in for this stuff. Anybody that lives up North in Icy conditions or anyone who lives in a coastal area could stand to benefit from this product.

I've talked to many people that come from Illinois and Wisconsin and the like and the underside of the body gets exposed to salts that are designed to melt the ice on the road during the winter. I would imagine this stuff would help fight rusting and corrosion. Am I on the right track with this TintMeister?

I can't see us sunny inlanders benefitting that much though. :thumb

Guest TintMiester

Spray on? Who said spray on? This IS a film.

Protint.. Are you SURE it was the 3m film that turned yellow? The reason I ask, is that after the films are on a car, I couldn't give it a casual glance and tell you that car A,B,orC was the 3m, but over time, the other films can get dirt staining them much more noticeably..

Anyways, moot point, because 3M is comming out with their NEW film in the 1'st quarter this next year, so they are addressing all the issues people have had.

I'm still open minded, and want to give the Lumar product a test, if I can get a sample from them.

OT,

I figure you'd be a shoe in for this stuff.  Anybody that lives up North in Icy conditions or anyone who lives in a coastal area could stand to benefit from this product.

I've talked to many people that come from Illinois and Wisconsin and the like and the underside of the body gets exposed to salts that are designed to melt the ice on the road during the winter.  I would imagine this stuff would help fight rusting and corrosion.  Am I on the right track with this TintMeister?

I can't see us sunny inlanders benefitting that much though.  :lol

OK, You convinced me, I'll try it. :lol But ya only live once, why not? :lol

On the subject of new products... Solar Zone had a small booth there, and they were demonstrating tint that shrunk in both directions. I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked past, so I stopped. The dude gave me the heat gun and I tried it. It really did work! Never heard of them before, but it did shrink both ways. I know we had a conversation here about that about six months ago.

That would be cool if some of the more popular film companies were engineering new films like this.

Archived