New products at Sema

Guest expertint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chicks Tinting

I just returned from the SEMA show. I went just to see this product and the limited time I got to be there...( What a mad house mess ) lost of cool cars , and the Blue Men Show was very cool. I saw a PP line from Ausralia .. Looks nice moves and stretches well , better than the 3M and solar guards. The big obstacle l see is how they market it. to us.. the user and how much we have to charge to make it worth the efforts. most ask you to have the plotter and buy the program and . then pay for dowloads to get each pattern or, you have to go through a middle man who makes the patters and marks them up first and you have to wait to get the pattern. I havent made up my mind on this one yet.

And I did not see and TD people either......

Guest xtremetinting

PPF is like a alien here. most people have never seen it and will not put out the money for it. we live in a area where there is a lot of "love bugs" and these little black bugs come out like 2 times a year. they stain paint and are a pain in the butt to get off the car. this would be a gold mine if people would wake up and realize what it is.

what kind of car did they use as a test for the solar zone 2 way shrinking?

I really couldn't tell you. It was a piece of curved glass he had on saw-horses. It was like a newer Grand Am 2-dr. It wasn't too bad of a piece to do in normal film, but it did shrink both ways. Basically, just the corners were fixed, and the rest shrank out, top, bottom, and sides. It just freaked me out, and I thought that would make things go a lot faster.

I just want that demonstation to urge the major film companies to consider designing film with the same properties.

Archived