paint protection film. easy to start.

Guest rubberbizkitt

As long as you don't practice on a black car you shoud be ok.

Roll stock is fine for some vehicles, hood, rocker panels, tail gate bumper.

You will need a plotter to have a pattern cut for the bumper and mirrors on almost all vehicles.

Lexes 350 bumper is pretty much a 2 person job with a couple of hours on top of that.

Paint protection film is not cheap so be wise.

Be carefull on what you choose if you do. Some products will turn yellow over time. That is something that the consumer does not want.

Very hard IMO, but everything seems hard when you dont have a clue and very little experience with a new product and installation. I am going to be trying PPF again this summer and I should be able to get it my biggest obsticle with it is patience.

Guest darkdan

What's the worst that can happen while tinting a car?

What's the worst that can happen putting a knife within 0.008 inches of a cars paint?

/shrug

To handcut you either have to be crazy (like myself) or you have to either buy a plotter or buy pre-cut patterns.

Look through the PPF forum on here and you'll find all kinds of info.

What's the worst that can happen while tinting a car?

What's the worst that can happen putting a knife within 0.008 inches of a cars paint?

/shrug

To handcut you either have to be crazy (like myself)

:lol

Crazy like a fox......... :lol

:lol

I tried to get into PPF in the rural area here.....nobody wanted to pay the $300 plus that it was going to cost to do a "bra" on the front of a car with painted bumper.... I did a couple trucks on the rocker panels and fender well areas and I lost my azz because the film is so expensive and I couldn't grasp it then.

I did an install on a Vet for an old family friend, charged a bunch for what I did, and still felt like I didn't make anything.

Kits can be great, but there are a lot of models on vehicles that make for subtle differences.....any and all flaws in the paint are going to show up like crazy. More of a new car and high end car business.

Archived