gasket wizard

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I have gone 22 years wothout a gasket wizard but was thinking of adding one to my tools are they worth it :thumb

In my humble opinion.........................................................................

.NO!!!! Just let one of those rubber thingys let loose on yer azz and they'll be stitching up yer face. :beer They work well to provide a space between the glass and the gasket, but I have torn film trying to remove them. There are other, less expensive ways to accomplish what its designed to do. You can go another 22 (God willing) and never miss having one!!! :beer

I used them at one time, but not anymore. You have to make sure that the bungee cords are secure to the bottom of the door or it will slip and come at you(could be dangerous) Like Key West said it DOES damage the film when you remove them, very frustrating. I kept a small one to push fingers down when I do my final inspection(didn't use it in years). Like other tools it seemed like a great idea, but not for me. I thew all mine out and don't miss it :thumb

I've owned one for abut 10 yrs and it was great using them on cars like a mazda Protege or older cavaliers (94 and older)just as an example because if you weren't a tucker you had the benefit of pulling panels without having to actually do it while getting the same result. In short..the money I spent on 1 was the profit of 1 car..in short it saved me MANY hours..so it was worth it. Now I hardly use it because I basically do newer cars and none come to mind I would use it for.

In short..It was WELL worth it for me years ago, now it's sitting here paid for if I ever have to dig it out again (good for the older chev and gmc trucks (pre gasket models too ) :thumb

I use mine about 3 or 4 times a year. but I never use the bunji cords when I do. I just slide 'em in and push down on them with my hand when I need extra room. personally I could go without them all together and not think twice about it.

Guest thatsnappyguy
I use mine about 3 or 4 times a year. but I never use the bunji cords when I do. I just slide 'em in and push down on them with my hand when I need extra room. personally I could go without them all together and not think twice about it.

it takes me longer to set it up than it would to tint the glass.. the only time I SOMETIMES use them is for the crown vic...they are a pita to work with imo.

Guest thatsnappyguy

depends what year...some pull out but its a pita the put back in if u dont drop the whole panel. so I usually drop the panels anyway. or sometimes I just tape it up and 50/50

Archived