home and yard show last night

customer came up to the booth and said he has a window in his home.....84 x 84 and it's a full circular window. :lol I've been doing this a while but I've never come across a 7ft. circular window. :lol he even had a picture of it for me to look at with a christmas tree in front of it.

so..........how would you do it?

he wants no obstruction of view. but wants privacy from the outside. a development is being built up hill from the window. they want light and heat transmission but want privacy. there's no perfect place to position a seam either. :lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
customer came up to the booth and said he has a window in his home.....84 x 84 and it's a full circular window. :lol I've been doing this a while but I've never come across a 7ft. circular window. :lol he even had a picture of it for me to look at with a christmas tree in front of it.

he wants no obstruction of view. but wants privacy from the outside. a development is being built up hill from the window. they want light and heat transmission but want privacy. there's no perfect place to position a seam either. :lol2

:lol How would you do it? The question should be, "Would you do it?" or "Would anyone warranty it?"

I say :lol

:lol pretty much what I thought immediately too. I told 'em there would be no warranty. :lol it's not a done deal. just something I was thinking about. I've never come across a circle window that huge. :lol

Guest thatsnappyguy

I would charge him alot...if he accepts the price......just let him know about the seam and let him decide where he wants it.

Guest vclimber
:lol pretty much what I thought immediately too. I told 'em there would be no warranty. :lol it's not a done deal. just something I was thinking about. I've never come across a circle window that huge. :lol

So where would you put the seam if you did it?

Guest tintgod

he wants no obstruction of view. but wants privacy from the outside. a development is being built up hill from the window. they want light and heat transmission but want privacy. there's no perfect place to position a seam either. :lol

:lol

if I did do it...seal it down the middle..and make frosted strips to go over the seam..and make some sort of grips pattern in the window..

Guest vclimber

seam right down the middle...then..make a grid pattern with some frosted film strips to go over the seam.

Vert or horizontal?

Guest thatsnappyguy

:lol

interesting.

Guest thatsnappyguy

seam right down the middle...then..make a grid pattern with some frosted film strips to go over the seam.

Vert or horizontal?

interesting

Archived