home and yard show last night

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
customer came up to the booth and said he has a window in his home.....84 x 84 and it's a full circular window. :lol I've been doing this a while but I've never come across a 7ft. circular window. :lol he even had a picture of it for me to look at with a christmas tree in front of it.

so..........how would you do it?

he wants no obstruction of view. but wants privacy from the outside. a development is being built up hill from the window. they want light and heat transmission but want privacy. there's no perfect place to position a seam either. :lol

seam right down the middle...then..make a grid pattern with some frosted film strips to go over the seam.

Vert or horizontal?

yes

Guest vclimber
customer came up to the booth and said he has a window in his home.....84 x 84 and it's a full circular window. :lol I've been doing this a while but I've never come across a 7ft. circular window. :lol he even had a picture of it for me to look at with a christmas tree in front of it.

he wants no obstruction of view. but wants privacy from the outside. a development is being built up hill from the window. they want light and heat transmission but want privacy. there's no perfect place to position a seam either. :lol

seam right down the middle...then..make a grid pattern with some frosted film strips to go over the seam.

Vert or horizontal?

yes

Both? Like a cross?

Guest tintgod

Vert or horizontal?

yes

Both? Like a cross?

sure...why the hell not

Guest vclimber
what ?..no shading question?

No, this is hypothetical. I probably wouldn't do it but if so then it is interesting to hear everyone's approach.

Guest tintgod

No, this is hypothetical. I probably wouldn't do it but if so then it is interesting to hear everyone's approach.

why...so you can tell them they are wrong

Guest vclimber

Vert or horizontal?

yes

Both? Like a cross?

sure...why the hell not

So 4 pieces seamed vertically and horizontal with frost stripes... that would be a lot of work but it might look good. I'd probably opt for striping tape rather than frost... :lol

Guest thatsnappyguy

yea I acutually couldnt imagine any of my customers wanting that... but good ideas. something a tinter may do in his house.

Guest vclimber

why...so you can tell them they are wrong

Have I?

Archived