Anyone remember the TINT book

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Olfablade
I had one that had all the cars and sq. footage of each individual window, plus a total sq.ft. of film per car and suggested retail price for each. I think it even had locations of screws for door panel removal.

I remember even back then.... the suggest price was higher than many shops charge now.

Exactly ASH! Higher 20 years ago than now, and some wonder why they aren't making any money out there :twocents Yeah that was the one from Robin @ Sunset Publishing, I still have one from 87 I think

Guest S and S
ANyone remember the ol book on how to tint cars . That thing was great back in the early 90's . It even had word for word how to do multiple piece back glasses . I never forget the first time I did a 4 dr saturn in 2 pc behind the defroster . Man I was on cloud 9 now id have to chop off my hand if I couldnt do it in 1 . MAn how times change

you can do a backglass in one piece? is their any way that you can train me via internet? I use those 8 inch strips to do them. makes it alot easier less heat gun usage.

6yrs experience and you cant do 1 piece?

I had one that had all the cars and sq. footage of each individual window, plus a total sq.ft. of film per car and suggested retail price for each. I think it even had locations of screws for door panel removal.

I remember even back then.... the suggest price was higher than many shops charge now.

Yep..that's the Sunset publication one :twocents I still have mine as well . I used to buy annual updates for it ..I think the last time I did was in 2001

(personally I disagreed with a lot of the info on it but it gave me a place to write my own notes :evileye

Guest Sprinter

tintwizards original post was right, sunset I had one and when I sold by business the book went with it, solorgard had them for sale back in 2000 in az but I hav'nt seen them since, funny harold and I were talking about that book on saturday when we got off of work.

Archived