Audi A8 Rear Deck Removal

Guest princealyy

Guest princealyy

Hey guys, so I just got an installer who does Lexus's to do my Infiniti G35, and he did a really good job with Pinnacle Cermaics tints...

We were going to try and tint my 06 A8L (with pre cut tint)

However we are having some problems... the car has suede on the rear deck and the roof, and was wondering how to remove that before we do the tint work on it.

Has anyone done an A8 with that suede interior on the rear deck, is it water resistant or will it get messed up??

Please let me know, he is a good guy and I dont want him to have to eat the cost on the actual tint that has already been pre cut.

Thanks

Guest princealyy
search the board - theres lots of info in the A8

I did search the board, but there is not one that shows HOW they removed it... I am worried about messing up the car with just trying, and I know if I take it to the dealer to remove, they will kill me on the price.

Thanks in advance...

Guest princealyy

I am not worried about the headrest, we were able to get to that... would we mess up the alacantar (suede) interior?? It isnt just simple carpet back there... I am worried we will mess that up, and that will be no fun to repair...

The tint is precut and ready to go... so I would like to make sure we dont mess up the suede/ alacantar deal.

Thanks you guys have been very helpful already.

Guest naughtydog
I am not worried about the headrest, we were able to get to that... would we mess up the alacantar (suede) interior?? It isnt just simple carpet back there... I am worried we will mess that up, and that will be no fun to repair...

The tint is precut and ready to go... so I would like to make sure we dont mess up the suede/ alacantar deal.

Thanks you guys have been very helpful already.

Is it pre-shrunk also? You will have to shrink it first!

Guest tint325i

definatley used to be step by step instructions on how to remove deck on here somewhere, I had them printed off at one point, I cant find them now either tho,

TD any ideas where they are????????

depends on age of car tho, I believe the new ones are alot easier

oh yeh and its called alcantara!!!! its a brand name, basically man made suede, but much easier to clean!!! check out alcantara.com

Archived