03 S500 Felting

Guest princealyy

Guest princealyy

Hey guys, need some help here, just got a guy to come over to my place and do some tint work for me, and we were going to tint my S500, but we realized that we might need to felt it.

He does work at a Lexus dealer, and has never had to felt, how do you do that?? Is it really difficult.

He is a nice guy and I really want to get him some business, but dont wanna ruin the tint in a yr.

Also what do yall do to avoid messing up the motor in these cars?

Thanks in advance. I really look forward to getting it all done.

Hey guys, need some help here, just got a guy to come over to my place and do some tint work for me, and we were going to tint my S500, but we realized that we might need to felt it.

He does work at a Lexus dealer, and has never had to felt, how do you do that?? Is it really difficult.

He is a nice guy and I really want to get him some business, but dont wanna ruin the tint in a yr.

To felt the flaps, the door panels need to be taken off, the existing flaps need to be cleaned in preparation to receive the felt with some alcohol or similar pre-clean prep solution, the felt has a paper adhesive protector that is peeled away and the felt is applied to the flap and trimmed to fit.

You can get felt from a couple of sources and some hold up better than others.

Guest princealyy

To felt the flaps, the door panels need to be taken off, the existing flaps need to be cleaned in preparation to receive the felt with some alcohol or similar pre-clean prep solution, the felt has a paper adhesive protector that is peeled away and the felt is applied to the flap and trimmed to fit.

You can get felt from a couple of sources and some hold up better than others.

What about the electrical issues with the motor?? What should we do to avoid that??

Archived