'01 BMW 330xi

Guest Quiksilver1307

Guest Quiksilver1307

Hey guys I just picked up an '01 330xi and looking to get it tinted. How easy is it to tint these cars? And also do you have to take the panels apart or no? Anything else I should know or worry about?

BTW silver with black interior... looking to get either 20% or 35%, haven't decided.

Thanks

Dan

Guest scooter996

Usually the first question you'll see here is what state are you in so they dont install illegal tint. Gives the tinting insusrty a bad name. I have also found out that most of the time 20% is actually has a VLT% of 25-26%, not 20%. Id go 20% all the way around but I am a consumer.

Guest clint4883
Usually the first question you'll see here is what state are you in so they dont install illegal tint. Gives the tinting insusrty a bad name. I have also found out that most of the time 20% is actually has a VLT% of 25-26%, not 20%. Id go 20% all the way around but I am a consumer.

well he is correct about wondering what state you live in. not many states will let you have 20 on the front doors. and when you apply 20 on factor glass it actually meters around 16-18%. with you having a dark interior 30 or 35% will appear darker than it would on a lighter interior. first step is find out what your state law allows and then go fom there. in texas I would recommend 30 or 35 on the doors and 20 or 15 on the backglass. that looks good on those cars imo.

Guest mhun9180
Does anyone know if the panels must be pulled of to tint my car?

No they don't, but that doesn't mean they can't safely. Each to their own.

Archived