2007 Toyota Avalon Limited

Guest blktbon20s

Guest blktbon20s

Ok so I got a 07 avalon..had 2 layers of tint. Custy wanted to just remove one of the 20% it had. The side windows I completely removed and redid but the back window I removed just one layer. Problem is that the first layer of tint the tinter cut out the 3rd brake light. The second tinter that did the other 20% did the whole window. Now while removing it I tried to remove it in one piece (since the tint is fairly new) but near the 3rd brake light it was impossible. I tried removing the deck but wasn't succesful..didn't want to touch the side curtain air bags..I also had the custy on my ass that he needed to go. Any tips on how to remove the rear deck..custy is bring in the car back when he has more time.

Also the little side window on the back door were a pain in the ass for me..keep in mind I'm still fairly new to tinting. Any tips/tricks to get the tint up to the corners and neatly?

Thanks in advance

P3010070.jpg

P3010071.jpg

P3010073.jpg

I never had to remove one, but those side panels may have to come out unless its like those hondas where the side panels transition down to a 90 and extend out onto the deck area, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out though, after all, most cars just snap together anyhow :evilgrin

Guest blktbon20s
DONT FEEL BAD...I couldnt remove that deck either! :thumb

lol..I removed the 2 bolts holding the seat..pushed the forward to get more room but nothing. I was only able to snap it off on the back..but it seems the deck somehow goes behind the side panels where the curtain air bag is...I might try using some steam and maybe the bulldozer to try to remove the best I can.

BTW how did you make out w/ those side small side windows?

Archived