about to do my first flat glass commercial

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clean with 6inch scraper, squeegie just before applying film, wet entire window except for top 4 inches, wet top 4 inches of rolled up film, reverse roll down. Anchor in place with middle swipe, sqeegie down the middle then from middle to about 3 inches of the edges with a yellow turbo. cut corners to ease tension, final cut with edger (1mm or less). Final squeegie to get excess water out then bump the edges with hard card wrapped in paper towel. If you want to pre-cut about an inch bigger than the window the night before to save time at the jobsite you can do that, but alot of people just cut out of the box on site. It is also easier to cut the width about an inch bigger than the window with scissors when it is all rolled up right before you reverse roll.

Guest h0wld0g
:beer always precut only if you are sure of the measurements saved about an hour on a 320 sq.ft. job. and what he means by reverse roll is roll the film up with the clear liner rolling on the inside I call it back spinning... and use factory edge if possible and if its wood frame good luck! ha

:beer always precut only if you are sure of the measurements saved about an hour on a 320 sq.ft. job. and what he means by reverse roll is roll the film up with the clear liner rolling on the inside I call it back spinning... and use factory edge if possible and if its wood frame good luck! ha

all metal 2 pane. 101 spuare feet of glass. not a huge job. but, my first. biggest windows are 5x5 or less. should be able to do it alone hopefully. seems it may always be good to have an extra hand though.

thanks for reverse roll instructions. what should I use for slip solution?

Youre asking us what you need to install the night before...ooooh myyyy :beer

Trust me, I know. Closed the deal on last thursday. order still on the way. I'll bet I can work it out though. will I need a slip solution with this kind of film like one with auto?

I usually use film on but you can use johnson and johnson. Dont worry it is alot easier than auto fo sho. In fact you may quit doing auto once you do FG....less work mo money

I'm seriously considering hitting the street for outside sales and installs this spring. ever do it?

Archived