First Flat Glass Film Order In

Guest tallscott

I hang allot of that, mostly IG units. Never had a problem! You should be OK. If the glass is tinted I would be concerned! If there is a bug on the window its probably tempered and your fine!

tintshopky, you need to understand that FG is not like auto, you can't just put any film on any glass. glass breakage and seal failure are expensive mistakes and the industry does not need any more clueless people giving film a bad rep.

please do your research /before/ selling a product to a customer. you absolutely NEED to know if it's dual pane. there are testers you can get to tell if it's low E. The customer isn't always going to know, but YOU should. Check for shading, too. It's important.

you're new, and you'll put yourself out of business real quick if you end up paying for large, expensive insulated glass units that you damaged by putting the wrong film on.

You may have "lucked out" this time and picked something that is okay, but you shouldn't count on that.

oh and as for buying $1000 in 30 days, I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back too much.

tintshopky, you need to understand that FG is not like auto, you can't just put any film on any glass. glass breakage and seal failure are expensive mistakes and the industry does not need any more clueless people giving film a bad rep.

please do your research /before/ selling a product to a customer. you absolutely NEED to know if it's dual pane. there are testers you can get to tell if it's low E. The customer isn't always going to know, but YOU should. Check for shading, too. It's important.

you're new, and you'll put yourself out of business real quick if you end up paying for large, expensive insulated glass units that you damaged by putting the wrong film on.

You may have "lucked out" this time and picked something that is okay, but you shouldn't count on that.

oh and as for buying $1000 in 30 days, I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back too much.

appreciate the advice, however, the homework is done. what I'm doing is hearing from several different people and putting it together as a whole to make sure I'm on the right track. unfortuneately, there aren't a lot of other tinting resources online. using the one I know. didn't know jack about glass, but, I'm learning. I hear ya about possible mistakes. that's why I posted.

thanks, but, I didn't see a pat on the back anywhere in the room. just an observation about seeing a rep who is less than 30 miles away. if I were a rep bringing in a new client that spent over $1000 with me in the 1st 30 days (not been in the biz much longer), I believe I would at least make a follow-up call. all I'm saying dude. happy tinting

Tintshopky...

You can ask our opinions all day long... but when push come to shove the only opinion that matters is the mfg's.

You need to talk to someone at that level and get your facts straight before moving foreward. There are a LOT of elements that go into the world of flat glass installs. The majority being KNOWLEDGE of both films, and glass. You won't be able to get what you need off of these internet forums.

I'm sure some of the FG pro's can give you some places to source study material.. but get ready... it's some heavy duty reading....

Oh... and not trying to rub ya the wrong way.. but if I was a rep.... I wouldn't walk across the street for a cust that only orders 1k a month and works out of their garage.... that's just me tho...

Tintshopky...

You can ask our opinions all day long... but when push come to shove the only opinion that matters is the mfg's.

You need to talk to someone at that level and get your facts straight before moving foreward. There are a LOT of elements that go into the world of flat glass installs. The majority being KNOWLEDGE of both films, and glass. You won't be able to get what you need off of these internet forums.

I'm sure some of the FG pro's can give you some places to source study material.. but get ready... it's some heavy duty reading....

Oh... and not trying to rub ya the wrong way.. but if I was a rep.... I wouldn't walk across the street for a cust that only orders 1k a month and works out of their garage.... that's just me tho...

that was my problem. chose the wrong folks to deal with. picked up with some awesome help from a new mfg. and you're probably right. in my old biz, customer service was key to keeping clients. not everyone follows the fundamentals though.

Archived