Jeff Healey Dies at 41

Sad news for sure..I'll tell you a memory :

Me and a chick wanting to head out on a Friday night on the town..an unknown artist rolls into town, tickets $13 at the local dive bar, walk in , we took a seat right in front of the stage with $9 pitchers of beer and watched a band called "The Jeff Healey Band" He sat in his chair and played till he got all excited with his guitar then leaped out of his chair and started running around with his guitar playing some of the best licks I've ever heard live or recorded ..how a blind man could do this with such confidence blew me away . This was just when B4 Angel Eyes and Can you See The Light hit the charts.

This is a true story :bingo

Jeff was the man. in the early 90's, he played a local college gig on a Sunday night. On Monday, he asked his aide to see if there was any local live music clubs on Mondays. The only advertised spot was The Hungry Tiger, in Manchester, CT. In he walks as the band was startin up. The local guitar wiz, Burt Teague, was jammin and they brought Jeff up to jam with the band. Damn, these two went back and forth all night long. They still have his pictures oin the wall from each of his return trips and his name is proudly featured on their t-shirts. What a guy and what a night!!!!

Archived