Bubbles in the BG Won't Push Out

Tinting a 05 Monte Carlo. Have one area low on the back glass with 5 or 6 small bubbles. I know its not contamination, might be air. Not sure, but I can't push them out. Everytime I run over them they stick around. Worried if I'm gonna have to rip it and redo. What do you think. Do I have a shot in fixing? :thumb Doesn't look terrible, but, I can't deliver this car as finished it if can't remove them. The rest of the glass is perfect and these babies will be noticed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubbles like trapped air you can't get out... or bubbles like fingers comeing up from the edge ??

Can you push the fingers from the bottom to the side ?? maybe to a defroster line ?????

:thumb post a picture!

no can do tonight. only have this car for a short window. he said he'd drop it back by in the next couple of days. think I may have to rip. won't the glue smear if I try to hit it again in a couple of days? :thumb

Bubbles like trapped air you can't get out... or bubbles like fingers comeing up from the edge ??

Can you push the fingers from the bottom to the side ?? maybe to a defroster line ?????

not fingers. my 1st experience with them, but I'm gonna say trapped air. what did I do wrong to cause trapped air? like I said, 1st experience with them. the rest of the glass looks perfect too. I'm super bummed about it.

Are the bubbles on the defroster lines? If so they may be what is commonly refered to as peanuts or puckers

don't think theyre in the defroster. couple inches up from the edge. spattered looking. completed after dark last night and didn't notice them til they hit the sun today. another great excuse to improve my bad lighting I know. :thumb

Sounds like air...your most likely screwed by the sounds of what you are saying. You either didn't apply enough pressure when you were squeegeeing the back glass or not enough solution ..if you don't spray the back glass and the glass well..it'll happen...without seeing a pic..I'm thinking redo or discount is gonna happen unfortunately. Get a bulldozer for those hard to reach areas and a side swiper :thumb

This is when you need to watch an experience tinter first hand to pick up the tips that videos can't ..or keep practicing .

A word of advice..if your gut feeling is your going to be redoing the back glass..rip it off now if you just got finished..it'll be a lot easier to get off the glue then in a couple of days ..

Sounds like air...your most likely screwed by the sounds of what you are saying. You either didn't apply enough pressure when you were squeegeeing the back glass or not enough solution ..if you don't spray the back glass and the glass well..it'll happen...without seeing a pic..I'm thinking redo or discount is gonna happen unfortunately. Get a bulldozer for those hard to reach areas and a side swiper :thumb

bull-dozer enroute via ups 2-day air. however, I'm worried about ripping it this time of year. what's my best method for removing at this point?

Archived