how to price ppf

Guest *totaltint *

Guest *totaltint *

Hows it going, not sure if this is a good topic to post, but I keep getting odd ball calls shops etc. to do parts of vehicles. most of them I can figure out on my own as I know what it takes to do the job, but I got a call from a buddy and he has a ferrari 360 spyder that needs the hood r&r. just wondering what some of you guys charge for something like this, just labor cost not material. thanks in advance. tyler

Guest totaltint
:thumb. yes they want to remove the damaged film and replace with new, its a full hood job. now you can be extremely vague with the $$$$ just trying to figure out whats the best way to charge the customers a fair price and not loose profit to get the job.

Guest Guest

Removal is always tricky and risky. Can take anywhere from half an hour to all day. All depending on how much adhesive is left over. $$$/hr x how long it takes. For the install, you can check the xpel site and use that as a guide. Dependant on your own market the installed price will be somewheres around kit msrp.

Removal is always tricky and risky. Can take anywhere from half an hour to all day. All depending on how much adhesive is left over. $$$/hr x how long it takes. For the install, you can check the xpel site and use that as a guide. Dependant on your own market the installed price will be somewheres around kit msrp.

If you are installing at any manufactures published Kit price you will ultimately go broke!! At those levels you are not allowing for general overheads rents local taxes, machinery depreciation, vehicle costs insurances (everyone has insurance right) call backs due to screw ups or film company screwups etc. how abut seasonality in the business if you are in a seasonal market you have to factor in the slowdown into the summer margins. If you are wanting to grow your business you need to allow for marketing costs and future staff costs. Installing at kit msrp will kill you as none of these are allowed for.

Cheers

Guest Revolution

If you are installing at any manufactures published Kit price you will ultimately go broke!! At those levels you are not allowing for general overheads rents local taxes, machinery depreciation, vehicle costs insurances (everyone has insurance right) call backs due to screw ups or film company screwups etc. how abut seasonality in the business if you are in a seasonal market you have to factor in the slowdown into the summer margins. If you are wanting to grow your business you need to allow for marketing costs and future staff costs. Installing at kit msrp will kill you as none of these are allowed for.

Cheers

I totally agree on that point. I have thought about that for a long time, thats possibly why so many companys that try to get into ppf as an add on fail from the off. we too have been the victim of that scenario, trying to stick to the rrp doesnt acount for any of the above problems/costs. some of the prices being quoted at present in the UK are unreal and cannot be for top quality work. if we dont have the money in the work to spend the time doing it as good as poss, its not worth us doing. its a tough one to call when your up against competition but your only destroying your own reputation :mad

Archived