how to price ppf

Guest *totaltint *

If you are installing at any manufactures published Kit price you will ultimately go broke!! At those levels you are not allowing for general overheads rents local taxes, machinery depreciation, vehicle costs insurances (everyone has insurance right) call backs due to screw ups or film company screwups etc. how abut seasonality in the business if you are in a seasonal market you have to factor in the slowdown into the summer margins. If you are wanting to grow your business you need to allow for marketing costs and future staff costs. Installing at kit msrp will kill you as none of these are allowed for.

Cheers

I totally agree on that point. I have thought about that for a long time, thats possibly why so many companys that try to get into ppf as an add on fail from the off. we too have been the victim of that scenario, trying to stick to the rrp doesnt acount for any of the above problems/costs. some of the prices being quoted at present in the UK are unreal and cannot be for top quality work. if we dont have the money in the work to spend the time doing it as good as poss, its not worth us doing. its a tough one to call when your up against competition but your only destroying your own reputation :mad

This realisation alone will help you to succeed in this game, I have a reputation of being a bit of an a*****E in this industry, I got it for good reason we are still here after 6 years our business is highly successful and I have fought off anyone and everyone and seen over a 150 people come into ppf and fail and the merest handful succeed. There is good reason for this too many people bought into the BS of PPF being easy and the myth of if you dump the price you will get volume. NOT TRUE volume is driven by quality and reputation and damned hard work not by undercutting the competition as one great business mind put it the next stop from the bargain basement is the bankruptcy court. There is NO fast track solution or easy route to good turnover in this (or any other industry) you may steal a couple of jobs on price but that business model is unsustainable and WILL KILL YOU OFF!!!!

value for money is a different calculation from being cheap!

Cheers

Guest Guest

I thing tango2 and revolution (being from the UK are getting lost in currency conversion problems) the illustration I used and also the one lorenzo used woks for the US, again depending on where you are. lorenzo's method (using high side #'s) came out to less than kit msrp on three populars cars I tried it with... if you took xpels msrp and divided in 2 to get pounds than not I wouldn't think that would work. apples to oranges it seems. also assumes a current 2008 vehicle as this would not work on a 2001 with a kits cost of $300 hfmb

again to reiterate, if you dont do business in dollars the calculations wont work. just as an american would not pay 50k+ for a new VW GTI, so to would it be for a 350 (brit pounds or euro) ppf package.

I honestly think the big X msrp are general figures for dealers..insurance co and trades folks. In this US 90% of the population is looking for buying goods below MSRP.... This does not refect the high end cars... whats the most a new Civic owner on average will pay for a full std kit with installation...answer kit msrp or less.

I thing tango2 and revolution (being from the UK are getting lost in currency conversion problems) the illustration I used and also the one lorenzo used woks for the US, again depending on where you are. lorenzo's method (using high side #'s) came out to less than kit msrp on three populars cars I tried it with... if you took xpels msrp and divided in 2 to get pounds than not I wouldn't think that would work. apples to oranges it seems. also assumes a current 2008 vehicle as this would not work on a 2001 with a kits cost of $300 hfmb

again to reiterate, if you dont do business in dollars the calculations wont work. just as an american would not pay 50k+ for a new VW GTI, so to would it be for a 350 (brit pounds or euro) ppf package.

I disagree the principles we are both talking about exist in any market irrespective of Exchange Rates, There are plenty of successful operations in the US in PPF that charge a good price for PPF and have grown their business. None of these guys are cheap as compared to the MSRP and yet they have shops that operate at full capacity what does that tell everyone, "dumping the price does not work" its fine for film manufacturers to suggest that you should as a shop owner and sell you the dream (moves more film) To make the dream a reality you have to be able to survive and then prosper. Unloading your price will NOT get you there :thumb

Cheers

Guest autotrim

Sorry for chiming in so late just joined yesterday

I agree w/ tango2 I have been servicing body shops for 20 years five w/Trim Line and 15 years on my own. My friends call me Gouge Line I’m the most expensive I work on service first I get calls from other shops all the time. Because we have a unique agreement we don’t cross over on each other I don’t take there jobs from them but I could, there min is 25.00 mine is 55.00 body shops don’t care, if they get service and a quality job, if I mess up a job w/their material and sometimes I do, I pay for the material. I have paid for rental cars, if I low balled I would have to lower service also, or go out of business like others that have come and gone.

I use the same thought for the PPF side of my business. If I mess up an install I can redo it, it helps that I’m on the DAP program but that also makes it a bit more expensive. Making PPF cheep is not the answer .

Guest Revolution

I agree w/ tango2 I have been servicing body shops for 20 years five w/Trim Line and 15 years on my own. My friends call me Gouge Line I’m the most expensive I work on service first I get calls from other shops all the time. Because we have a unique agreement we don’t cross over on each other I don’t take there jobs from them but I could, there min is 25.00 mine is 55.00 body shops don’t care, if they get service and a quality job, if I mess up a job w/their material and sometimes I do, I pay for the material. I have paid for rental cars, if I low balled I would have to lower service also, or go out of business like others that have come and gone.

I use the same thought for the PPF side of my business. If I mess up an install I can redo it, it helps that I’m on the DAP program but that also makes it a bit more expensive. Making PPF cheep is not the answer .

:thumb

I thing tango2 and revolution (being from the UK are getting lost in currency conversion problems)

By the way Guest, im not in the UK, someone started a war here over that situation some years ago :shock

:rollin

I thing tango2 and revolution (being from the UK are getting lost in currency conversion problems)

By the way Guest, im not in the UK, someone started a war here over that situation some years ago :spit

Thought I would leave that response to you :thumb

Should point out we have different currencies with different Exchange rates as well :spit

Cheers

Archived